Dry ideas?

Frankazoid

Any "dry" ideas out there for the 4 day weekend?

Leavenworth, NE Washington, skaha, smith, lovers leap, castle crags (CA) are all going to be wet apparently.

Red rocks looks like it will be nice, but 34 hours of driving doesnt work well with a 4 day weekend :(

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And how about the Horne Lake crags on Vancouver Island? anybody been there? I know it has very steep climbs...

Never been, but heard from some very well traveled globetrotting Euros that it is the best rock for climbing in the western hemisphere.

when it is raining at smith are there any particular walls or routes that stay dry (up to low 12's)? If I go this weekend it'll be my first trip.

aren't pretty much ALL 5.12's dry when it rains? :)

That would be nice.... unfortunetly, no.

maybe i was thinking 5.13? seems like all them thare hard clibms are upside down under big ass roofs :P

im going to say not so true on the smith being always nice, this year its been shitty at smith, rain and snow many days. hell it rained today, ive gotten rained on like 4 of the past 8 days of work out there since april. last week we had an epic hail storm with half of the class still on the monkey... its been raining on 40% days there this year :( but like nate said you can surley get lucky many times as well. there is a webcam at the park http://www.smithrock.com/webcam/index.html this helps a lot!

Its looking to be a break on saturday & sunday,Im going for Smith. The weather rewards the bold. plus there are lots of routes that stay dry at smith, but hoping to go up to Koala rock. I heard myths of snow......