I'm moving to Oregon!

iceaxe23

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What work is happening down that way? You'll be a ways out of town, but the idea of not living far from work still holds. You could probably get away with from Wilsonville (14 miles) on up to Durham / Lake Oswego (25 miles), but not really any further north than that I would think. At least living north a bit you'll be going opposite of most traffic.

What work is happening down that way? You'll be a ways out of town, but the idea of not living far from work still holds. You could probably get away with from Wilsonville (14 miles) on up to Durham / Lake Oswego (25 miles), but not really any further north than that I would think. At least living north a bit you'll be going opposite of most traffic.

A retail management position. I am really thinking Wilsonville because of the distance. I will temporarily stay in Corvallis at a friends.

Edited by iceaxe23

• 3 weeks later...

so far only climbed at OSU. Who would have known that I have been belaying wrong for almost 20 years :crazy:

Glad that epic ordeal of getting belay certified is over :cool:

Well now I'm a local...

My climbing history started years ago at Devil's lake Wisconsin in the late 80's and over the years climbed many of the cascade volcanoes and popular rock faces in the US.

I have climbed Rainier 6 times and never summited (only mt I never summited) due to weather or not adjusting well to altitude (yes I made it to camp muir in a couple hours once but my head wanted to explode). So I would like to get myself back up to speed on all aspects of alpine climbing and do rainier again soon (and often). The times that I acclimatized well the weather just was horrible, go figure.

Rock climbing on plastic I'm a solid 5.10+ climber and trad lead I would say 5.8 but love easy 5.6 to 5.7's ( my favorite climb as been the owen spalding on the grand)

I'm also 35 so sometimes have some old man strength which is a good thing.

So the only thing hardman about me is my yellow closed cell foam pad.

Cheers and glad to be living here now

daniel