No flypaper zone--Libya major/minor

Lucky Larry

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fighter jet will cost more than Australia

One trillion dollars! Where is the right-wing outrage??? Better to just cut public employee's pay.

Where is your libtard outrage that the US is bombing another country? If an R were in the White House you'd be calling him a warmonger, Hitler, neo-con, engaging in another useless action with no exit strategy.

As for the fighter jet, yeah sounds expensive to me. Too bad you only have B-HO to reject its inclusion in the budget, 'cos he's proven himself to be pretty much a spineless jelly-fish.

Where is your libtard outrage that the US is bombing another country? If an R were in the White House you'd be calling him a warmonger, Hitler, neo-con, engaging in another useless action with no exit strategy.

you seem to miss your own point - the spray-lectorate does indeed appear uneasy and unhappy - as unhappy as w/ iraq 8 years ago? no, but of course the circumnstances ARE different, and had bush's dad decided in '91 to continue rolling towards baghdad w/ the memory of kuwait-atrocties fresh in mind, i suspect it would have been a good deal more popular than the '03 invasion w/ its smoke and mirrors justification obvious bullshit from the get-go

same old, same old at any rate - fuck, even eat-the-peanuts-out-of-my-born-again-turds carter couldn't resist the temptation to send in The Boys

great intro quote to max boot's "savage wars of peace":

“The history of the United States shows that in spite of the varying trend of the foreign policy of succeeding administrations, this Government has interposed or intervened in the affairs of other states with remarkable regularity, and it may be anticipated that the same general procedure will be followed in the future. We must be prepared.”

- Small Wars Manual, US Marine Corps, 1940

It *is* too bad that I only have B-HO to reject it's inclusion. I'd hope that I'd have congress's support, too -- but obviously the republicans and the tea-party just like to *pretend* they want to cut spending. Really, it's just class-warfare. And the democrats are too burried in pork to cut this deal. JOBS, man! This means JOBS!

Whatever. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've never called Bush "Hitler." In fact, I seem to remember defending his intentions, even though I disagreed with his policies.

Regarding our current military action, I think it's probably unconstitutional. Not that the republicans seem to care, strangely.

Regarding our current military action, I think it's probably unconstitutional. Not that the republicans seem to care, strangely.

I believe there is a mechanism for the commander and chief to commit our troops and it's no violation of the constitution. Certainly, as they have said, all the congressional leaders were consulted on this.

The political insider infighting never got resolved on this Libya intervention. Allegedly, Secretary of Defense Gates (significant that he is a former Director of Central Intelligence and Deputy National Security Adviser) and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Admiral Mullen both opposed this attack. It is not a republican/democrat issue as you seem to indicate. Lots of people of all political persuasions think we should stay the hell out of there.

The first 15 min. are up and an estimated $100 million has been spent. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/not-worth-it-first-day-of_b_838659.html

Too bad we don't have any other priorities or better places to invest that scratch....and the millions soon to be flushed....

you seem to miss your own point - the spray-lectorate does indeed appear uneasy and unhappy - as unhappy as w/ iraq 8 years ago? no, but of course the circumnstances ARE different,

Yeah, the circumstances are "different" - a D is in the Whitehouse, so the volumes of shrill "outrage" is well, pretty much absent here. Pretty much my point.

you seem to miss your own point - the spray-lectorate does indeed appear uneasy and unhappy - as unhappy as w/ iraq 8 years ago? no, but of course the circumnstances ARE different,

Yeah, the circumstances are "different" - a D is in the Whitehouse, so the volumes of shrill "outrage" is well, pretty much absent here. Pretty much my point.

You really can't see any other major differences? I can give you some hints if you need a hand.

Edited by rob

I believe there is a mechanism for the commander and chief to commit our troops and it's no violation of the constitution. Certainly, as they have said, all the congressional leaders were consulted on this.

Sure, there is a mechanism for this -- but it's been unfollowed as of yet. "Consulting" congressional "leaders" is not really the proper procedure.

Once again, I'm dumbfounded that congress continues to allow their most powerful contitutional rights get erroded by a growing executive.

You really can't see any other major differences? Please, you're not fooling me.

Many of the reasons given to oppose Bush's wars are true in this case as well. Or did you folks just not mean it?

"We don't belong there"

"No exit plan"

"We're hypocrites... no moral standing to decide how other countries should be run"

"Innocents will die"

"We'll lose American lives for nothing"

"It's all about oil... we need to get off of the foreign oil teat"

"We can't afford this war and our money is better spent at home"

Are you saying that the No-Fly Zone we are enforcing over Libya was encouraged by our own government using faulty intelligence and outright false pretenses?

That, actually, there are no rebels, and that civilians aren't being killed?

That the Arab League has NOT asked the U.N. for assitance?

That we've just made all this up and none of it is real?

Because that's pretty much what would have to happen for this to be the same as Iraq.

Of course it's *similar* to Iraq for other reasons, but it's similar to ANY conflict at least on several fronts. That's doesn't mean it's the same.

To actually claim with a straight face that this is exactly like Iraq but with a Dem president COMPLETELY loses your credibility with me.

I can only assume you're being facetious, since I know you're not really dumb.

Edited by rob

Are you saying that the No-Fly Zone we are enforcing over Libya was encouraged by our own government using faulty intelligence and outright false pretenses?

That, actually, there are no rebels, and that civilians aren't being killed?

That the Arab League has NOT asked the U.N. for assitance?

That we've just made all this up and none of it is real?

Because that's pretty much what would have to happen for this to be the same as Iraq.

Of course it's *similar* to Iraq for other reasons, but it's similar to ANY conflict at least on several fronts. That's doesn't mean it's the same.

To actually claim with a straight face that this is exactly like Iraq but with a Dem president COMPLETELY loses your credibility with me.

I can only assume you're being facetious, since I know you're not really dumb.

I never said it's the *same*, but if this happened under Bush all the libtards here would be completely irate, and you know it. But hey, rationalize away!