before u start bitch'n'bout beacon

ivan

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that I find the controversy surrounding Stone Soup a tempest in a teacup, and that those who invest a significant amount of emotion in the naming, first ascent history, or bolt count really, really need to find a more worthy cause for you apparently underemployed passions. Now, because I was, by pure accident of invitation, part of the first ascent party, and because the route's creator happens to be a close friend, here I am, like it or not. You've expressed your dislike, you've been kindly told to fuck off, so any more discussion on this from you is frankly pointless.

Well, given that is the first post where you've said anything relevant to the discussion

in so many words, it's a relief to know after all those other posts that you do indeed have a point.

As to your contention the fixed pro count is somehow not worthy of discussion I would have to beg to differ.

It is in fact a very real issue out there and the fact that you trolled along on the FA,

while great for you, doesn't in any way render it less of a valid issue beyond the fact you

don't care for anyone questioning this FA. It's simply more circling of wagons and pissing

after the fact as opposed to reasonable discussion of the issues raised by the FA.

setting aside the argument that using the group to sort out a name would be subsumed w/n the concept of "stone soup," what else we got?

Farside? :wave:

Barney's Bullet & Falcon Stool Soup? Maybe it is really a bisque? Barney's Bullet Bisque with Falcon Feather Ajui???

bolt soup

If u really wanted to conduct a real discussion about FAs n bolting, rather than stroke your own vastly inflated sense of self importance, you'd choose a more private forum than this shitfest, no? This is more about your braying your displeasure, apparently easily aroused given your baroque personal tastes which you prefer to adorn with the word 'ethics'.

You've confused the general lack of concern regarding your personal preferences with a lack of concern for beacon. Let your ego soar, by all means.

I replied to one poster here because I thought things were getting petty. That poster was not you. Now, I understand that you have some control issues, and that this tick causes you to inject yourself where you're neither needed or wanted, so I dealt with you in an appropriately efficient manner. You'll live. Get over it.

fixed pro count is somehow not worthy of discussion

over 7 pitches, there are:

3 instances of 3 bolts being clipped in a row

4 instances of 2 bolts in a row

depending on the climber, 4 or more hook moves

that's over-protected?

If u really wanted to conduct a real discussion about FAs n bolting, rather than stroke your own vastly inflated sense of self importance, you'd choose a more private forum than this shitfest, no? This is more about your braying your displeasure, apparently easily aroused given your baroque personal tastes which you prefer to adorn with the word 'ethics'.

You've confused the general lack of concern regarding your personal preferences with a lack of concern for beacon. Let your ego soar, by all means.

I replied to one poster here because I thought things were getting petty. That poster was not you. Now, I understand that you have some control issues, and that this tick causes you to inject yourself where you're neither needed or wanted, so I dealt with you in an appropriately efficient manner. You'll live. Get over it.

um i think ivan could have easily sent this all the beacon climbers that bitch about falcons pretty easily and one of them lives in colorado and the other is a dad who doesnt get out much, so fuck off with ur private forum bullshit. go away tvash :wave:

Might I suggest more appropriate names for your new "route":

Lapdog

Dog on a Chain

Master's Delight

Puppy Love

Litterbug

who's the dog on the chain, princess, when you came to this thread no doubt b/c you had to follow tvash around like a love sick puppy? :grin:

fixed pro count is somehow not worthy of discussion

over 7 pitches, there are:

3 instances of 3 bolts being clipped in a row

4 instances of 2 bolts in a row

depending on the climber, 4 or more hook moves

that's over-protected?

I wasn't going to post to this thread no mo, but just can't help myself. I just want to remind folks that what you might percieve as a bolt ladder(2 or 3 bolts in a row) actually requires gear and very creative tactices to utilize as when you do the climb, if you ever do, you will find that out. Ivan is a tall dude and the few places there are bolts in sucession, they are not clip ups. It took me 10 minutes on the first pitch to go from one bolt to another, plus allot of swearing, head scratching, a creative placement, and some free climbing. Fawk, now you got the beta, you should be able to walk up it. Not.

um i think ivan could have easily sent this all the beacon climbers that bitch about falcons pretty easily and one of them lives in colorado and the other is a dad who doesnt get out much, so fuck off with ur private forum bullshit. go away tvash :wave:

which is pretty much me, kevbone and lostcamkenny and lostcam is one of his best buddies :)

sure it's a beautiful sunny day and you could be owning on the s side right now, but before the bitchfest begins, thought i might remind The Brethern, there is a side that didn't close, one that still even holds some adventure up high if'n you're willing to scare the holy shit out of yourself :)

go get it, eh?

Stone_Soup_Topo.jpg

stonesoup95.jpg

stonesoup81.jpg

stonesoup62.jpg

stonesoup31.jpg

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_20671.JPG

tourons3.jpg

it was like you were counting the minutes 02/01/11 at 2:39pm :/ was when you posted this

so like the bell rings at what, let me guess 2:30 :lmao: did you run ot of the school flapping ur arms around and shit :lmao:

If u really wanted to conduct a real discussion about FAs n bolting,

rather than stroke your own vastly inflated sense of self importance, you'd choose

a more private forum than this shitfest, no?

Absolutely not, Ivan posted up the topo, and given that's the first word of the fixedpro count,

this is entirely the right place for a discussion. Of course, you've done about everything

possible to make such a discussion difficult.

This is more about your braying your displeasure, apparently easily

aroused given your baroque personal tastes which you prefer to adorn with the word 'ethics'.

You've confused the general lack of concern regarding your personal preferences with a lack of concern

for beacon. Let your ego soar, by all means.

When fifty or so points of fixed pro go into a single route at Beacon it isn't about me but rather

opens up an entirely valid discussion around how appropriate that is. Again, if the same count

went in on a new El Cap line it would be the hotest thread on Supertopo. So call it 'ethics',

call it 'common sense', call it 'so-retro-1975', call it what you will, but there is a more than

reasonable discussion to be had now given there wasn't one before it went up.

I replied to one poster here because I thought things were getting petty.

That poster was not you. Now, I understand that you have some control issues, and that this

tick causes you to inject yourself where you're neither needed or wanted, so I dealt with you in

an appropriately efficient manner. You'll live. Get over it.

Look at all your posts up until you actually made a point - they're the definition of petty and inane.

And I'm not "injecting myself" anywhere, but raising legitimate concerns this FA raises. Oh, and

if you think you've "dealt" with me then I'd say you haven't been around here much and

definitely need to get over yourself.

that's over-protected?

Again, at no point have I said either it wasn't hard or that it was over-protected. But what is the

accurate fixed pro count on the line? My issue is with the total fixed pro count and how that

relates to a 'line' out there. From looking at your topo all I can tell at this point is you've established

a route with the highest fixed pro count in Beacon history by a long shot.

Might I suggest more appropriate names for your new "route":

Lapdog

Dog on a Chain

Master's Delight

Puppy Love

Litterbug

who's the dog on the chain, princess, when you came to this thread no doubt b/c you had to follow tvash around like a love sick puppy? :grin:

kinda like trash followed you here, i figured trash was all about keeping things reelz, but no, he has his own political interest as well :crazy: