Yay?

prole

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The media is what it is and there isn't fuck all any of us can do about it. Vetting news and information is still a personal responsibility, last time I checked. It's all out there...far more accessible, varied in viewpoint, and critiqued than ever before.

healthy food has always been available if you were willing to do the work but it hasn't prevented most to eat shit. The issue is ease of access. A grunt isn't going to sort sources of news. First, he'd have to realize the pablum he is served is mostly propaganda.

So STFU about 'the media' and get to work, cunties.

and ignore how they manufacture consent?

Yeah, we know FAUX news is propaganda. This isn't 'news' to anyone at this point.

I ignore what I can't do anything about and work on stuff I can. Plus, Fox perfect for the treadmill - it only requires about 5 active neurons to watch.

Yea. Nothing to look at here move on. The internet revolution and open information is saving us.

That ruling, known as Citizens United, isn't prompting many corporations to do direct advertising, said Erika Franklin Fowler, another co-director of the project. Instead, more money is flowing into issue advocacy groups that don't have to report contributors to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), she said.

"We are seeing evidence of changing tactics as groups seek shelter in the rules for nonprofits that allow such organizations to withhold their donor names," said Fowler, a Wesleyan University political-science professor in Middletown, Conn.

Crossroads GPS is one of the groups taking advantage of the new money flow. The group had spent $5.9 million on 6,868 ads as of Sept. 15, according to the study. Ads have targeted Democratic Sens. Harry Reid of Nevada and Michael Bennet of Colorado, as well as Democratic Senate candidates Jack Conway of Kentucky and Robin Carnahan of Missouri, FEC records show.

The group in August also announced plans to spend $1 million on ads against Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., and $500,000 to oppose Senate Democratic candidate Joe Sestak in Pennsylvania. While the ads don't specifically advocate voting against the Democrats, they criticize the candidates for supporting Obama's health-care plan.

Leaders of Crossroads GPS say they have raised $32 million for it and a sister group, American Crossroads, and plan to spend $52 million on the elections.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2013013203_campspend28.html