Ah, the smell of fresh petrochemicals....

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... Most of us here fall in the 2% (my guess) of consumers for which a 100 mile range would not be enough. The vast majority of the auto driving public could get by with far, far less, especially once a charging infrastructure starts to develop.

I'll bet even the 2% could get away with 100-mile-range vehicles for a lot, if not the majority, of their driving. On those occasions when you need a longer range vehicle, you can rent one for pretty cheap. Most people don't need to own a long-range vehicle and drive it every day: they just need access to one from time to time.

Very true.

And agreed, FW, I don't see any possible substitute for petro in aviation in our lifetimes, barring some sort of unexpected and massive technology breakthrough. I'd love to see high speed trains make inroads in the U.S. since I don't enjoy flying at all and would like an alternative, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

... Most of us here fall in the 2% (my guess) of consumers for which a 100 mile range would not be enough. The vast majority of the auto driving public could get by with far, far less, especially once a charging infrastructure starts to develop.

I'll bet even the 2% could get away with 100-mile-range vehicles for a lot, if not the majority, of their driving. On those occasions when you need a longer range vehicle, you can rent one for pretty cheap. Most people don't need to own a long-range vehicle and drive it every day: they just need access to one from time to time.

Very true.

And agreed, FW, I don't see any possible substitute for petro in aviation in our lifetimes, barring some sort of unexpected and massive technology breakthrough. I'd love to see high speed trains make inroads in the U.S. since I don't enjoy flying at all and would like an alternative, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Yeah, high speed trains would solve much of that problem. Let's see, how many do we have...oh yeah, that would be none.

And reducing population...hey, now there's a thought.

The core of the problem, no doubt. So why don't American libtards seem at all concerned about the sole source of population increase here?

You must be referring to the Mormons, the Duggars and "john and kate + eight", right? ;)

The core of the problem, no doubt. So why don't American libtards seem at all concerned about the sole source of population increase here?

You must be referring to the Mormons, the Duggars and "john and kate + eight", right? ;)

Yeah, I'd wager that large family size correlates pretty much exactly with conservatism/religiosity.

You Rfucks simply need to get your fucking tubes tied at birth...thus solving two problems at once.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Yeah, I'd wager that large family size correlates pretty much exactly with conservatism/religiosity.

You Rfucks simply need to get your fucking tubes tied at birth...thus solving two problems at once.

This is why I support your gayness, in a single generation you and yours would vanish from the earth.

Glad you did your part. I guess you never mastered that whole fitness thing on so many fronts.

You three should totally start a fitness club together.

5006113300_be49852f65.jpg

NUP_133995_0244 by PatGallagherArt, on Flickr

5006113256_9115479071.jpg

6a00d83451960269e201157095e3eb970b-800wi by PatGallagherArt, on Flickr

It takes a certain...resolve...to argue with someone you've never met about the details of their life. That level of need to be right...compassion compels me every now and then to hope that this need is occasionally met, if only to provide a moment's respite from a relentless state of embarrassment, but it just never seems to happen.

Edited by tvashtarkatena