Secure car drop in Cle Elum??

sobo

So I'm headed to WA Pass in a few weeks with a friend from the peninsula. We'll be meeting halfway; looks like Cle Elum. We want to drop one vehicle there and head to Mazama in the other car. Anyone know of a safe/secure place to leave my truck Friday night, so it will still have the glass in it when I get back on Sunday night? TIA.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it's probably faster overall for you guys to just meet there.

395 to 17 to 20 on your side is somewhat direct and 101 to 20 on the other side.

Kurt and Kurt,

Guys, I know how to get to WA Pass. But you guys are missing the point. It's a she, not a he, that I'm meeting. Speed of arrival/directness of route is not the goal here. We want to "travel" together, get it...??? ;)

SCB,

Good idea, thanks for the hint. :tup:

So, any suggestions? Isn't there a truck stop at the eastern Cle Elum exit? Truckstops of America or sumpin like that? I don't recall...

I've had good luck with some other small WA towns with just calling the local Chamber of Commerce/tourism office and asking them for suggestions. They are generally helpful and friendly. A lot of small towns don't have the stupid 72 hour limit, but it sounds like you won't be that long anyways. Often near the police station or city hall or something as Kurt mentioned is good.

I had the same problem once. A local told me to park in front of some house at some random address. I asked why I would do that and was told that it was the safest place in town as a drug dealer lived there, the tweekers were afraid of him and wouldn't touch any of the cars parked there.

-Nate