[TR] Bacon Rawkz - Smooooth Dancer - 5.9 A2 8/29/2010

ivan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The columns are all re-anchored, including DDO's top anchor (not middle though). Re-doing the top and middle anchors of the South Face columns so they could be cleaned out and resurrected was the whole point of doing it, ditto for cleaning the approach slab. That blackberry patch was cleaned out, but it clearly grew back fast enough.

sick, sick day at bacon yday - forgot how skerry it is to climb the corner when the whole rock is one giant waterfall - dave, you should be :( to see that apparently your rat fell to his death - his carcass even now resides at the base of upsising

something i'd never seen at the b before - herds of elk languidly fording the river out to the island and hanging out like hobos in the savanah on the far side - if only i'd had a very, very high powered rifle and maybe a canoe... :rawk:

The Elk make the trip over to the island a couple of times a year, but I don't recall seeing them over there in August before. I've been seeing small groups of them head over the tracks during the past two weeks - always with a male standing on the tracks seemingly overseeing the crossing and signalling small groups of 2-4 down in the brush to come up and go across. If you go over to their crossing point when a full herd goes across in the spring it's interesting to see it's usually so muddy they're almost post-holing down from the tracks.

It was a long winter and it's been kind of a lousy growing year - maybe the low water right now has made the grass on the island that much more attractive.

Haven't seen any bears or bobcats on the tracks or down on trails by the slough yet this year.

Yeah, Dave, what's the story on the work thing...