The CC site is cool, and spray ROCKS!!!

Backcountry

I am looking for some route beta on Spire Rock...

What are snow conditions like?

--white wet and cold

What was the route like?

--well we hiked some, bushwacked some, climbed some, dodged a few falling rocks, and then descended...

OK, I feel all warm and fuzzy now that I "know" "exactly" what to expect...

So sure it's cool to say, hey the route description is a little goofy here, descend via this gully if asked....but do you need to take your Tickle-Me-Elmo on the climb too???

yeah I'm sure the Viesturs, Whittaker, the ghost of climbers past or "whatever" big names climbers are going to "make" the CC.com site just superific....I think it falls perfectly in line with the above statement about people asking what the frickin' snow conditions are going to be like and needing thier Tickle-Me-Elmo's with them...they think that if Ed stops by and says Hi they'll be validated...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow was three feet thick 4 weeks ago and you will need crampons for the descent! Dont forget to use Your Elmo for a deadman!

Superfly Snookums Spaghettios have the topos on their cans at the local REI grocery outlet! The ratings are perfectly on. The crux of Crisco slab been sent in flip flops by many GI.

Ed put in a new mixed line in winter up the chimney with the moving chockstone went at v19 wi9 a5 VII. Solo!

i'm kinda old skool on this one and think the teddy ruxspin talking bear mokes better sno-pro. plus you have the added bonus of carrying on a halucigenic conversation with a plastic talking bear. though he does weight little more, you can reall offset it, by not wearing pants. that way you are light and lucky and your picket is out for backup.

Yeah but havin Teddy Ruxpin taking rockfall hits and spouting off in the middle of your choss gully crux scrabble gets to be distracting, I usually wanted to shove my picket right down his loudass backtalking fuzzy face, good idea about climbing without the pants though, it definetly helps with "evacuation issues" when you're squatting your big hairy over the side of a big yawner, just make sure to prussik the rope and not your picket or you'll be givin' big lou something to be jealous about!!!