Have you ever....

Chepe

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming down the south gully on Guye peak two years ago, I was suddenly hit with severe diarhea. I left quite a mess in the gully.

On a climb of the SE ridge of Fisher Peak (near Rainy Pass) last summer, all four of us left loaves on the exposed ridge.

Several years ago in the 'Gunks, we were climbing a popular 5.4'ish route above the carriage road. When we got to the first ledge belay, it smelled like someone had left something - and sure it enough, there it was. Then, I needed to pee really bad. I wasn't too careful about where I went, and it dripped down the crack you climb on the first pitch. Then, one of my friends, who had the flu, suddenly decided she had to vomit - yup, on the same ledge.

It was a bad day to follow us on that climb.

I've told this story before, but I love it so I'll tell it again...

My bro and I were climbing the Tripple Direct on El Cap. I just finished a traversing pitch over to Camp 4 about midway up the route. The pitch traversed alot so I radioed down to my bro to belay the bags out slowly. Since he is such a tough guy, he figured that he could hold on to the 7mm cord with his gloved hands to lower them out. Well... our 150lb bag got the best of him. It flew across the rock and slammed into a big dihedral. I heard a loud POP and saw a white thing go flying away from the bag.

At first I thought, what the fuck was that! Then I saw the first one fly out, then the second, and then the third, fourth, fifth, and so on...

Poor parties on the Nose probably didn't even know what hit 'um. Till they smelled the chilly I had eaten three days earlier. Sorry guys, it wasn't my fault... really.

Well on second thought, I guess I should have used more glue! eek3.gif

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 08-10-2001).]

My coup de grace was on Devils Tower. My buddy and I climbed it on a remarkably deserted day (only 4 climbers on the *entire* tower) in May 2000. Anyway, we get to the last pitch (4th class to the summit) and I felt the dreaded:

"rumblerumblerumblerumble...."

smile.gif

So when I got on top, of this very visible national monument and sacred Native American landmark, the only thing I could think to do was roll back the biggest rock I could move and do the deed. Then came the quandry of TP....

Needless to say, I rapped down the route with a newly converted tank-top.

------------------

Put a high price on your own head, or rest assured, no one else will.