SpecialEd's own battlecage

mikeadam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record here. I promise not to bear grudges against anyone in the spray category. I've already lost friends because of stupid misunderstandings created by postings on this site and it's not anything I wish to propagate further. No issues with specialed whatsoever.

I would shoot bears in a heartbeat though!

Gun toting- Meat eater

mikeadam:

Don't go soft on us!

Hey, I would like to know how you keyboard ninjas can see what somebody posted before the rest of us. Some old Microsoft Airborne Ranger trick I suppose! And I assume us civilians are not going to have clearance for it. Dag nabit!

They were jokingly made because I personally think your question is stupid as fuck to be honest. I would never rap from 6mm gemini or whatever lines period. So go out there and get some 6mm lines to rap and have fun. I have seen the likes of an idiot once try to rapell from his stinking gear loops rolleyes.gif

Also be noted that I never personally made insults to you. Like calling you a dumbass etc.

-Cpt

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 06-25-2001).]

Whats the difference between making some sarcastic remark that implies that I'm a dumbass, and directly saying that I'm a dumbas? The fact is, you're a dumbass, because you still don't seem to understand that I never said I was going to rap off a couple 6mm lines at all. A 6mm line tied to a rope of a larger diameter is what I was talking about. Which is a system commonly used by climbers in the alpine environment, including Mark Twight, who reccomends this sytem in his book Extreme Alpinism.

Also: even if I was asking a stupid question, a proper response wouldn't be a degrading one. If you admit you don't know about something and you inquire as the best way to go about it, that's not "stupid as fuck". Going ahead and doing it without asking is "stupid as fuck".

[This message has been edited by specialed (edited 06-25-2001).]

Hey specialed, I got your back! We Montanan's got to stick together.

Captin Craphead is a dumbass.

About raplines, thin ones are fine. Just becarefull what knot you use to tie them together. Charlie Fowler recomended a square knot backed up with overhands on the tails. Double Fishermans are good, but the greater the difference in diameter, the weaker the knot. ONLY USE THE GOOD OLD OVERHAND WITH ROPES OF EQUAL DIAMETER!

Also, make sure the skinny rope goes through the rap biner or ring. Pull the fat one. Otherwise te Knot will get sucked into the rap anchor (which can suck!).

Anyways I am sure someone from the Trad Klan will disagree with me. But I don't care what they think. Too bad Blodgett got burned huh?

What size rope should you swing on with your flaming chainsaw in the battlecage?? I personally favor thick ones (the ropes not the women). And how do you keep those chainsaw flames from melting the O-rings on the saw valve? I personally use flaming PAM butter flavored spray which burns at too low a temperature to melt rubber.

Whoo weeee! 'at mofo Limp-bone a damn sight touchy ain't he? Slap ma fro!

"Hey Limpbone Tyrone, woncha ride me dem blades up on da zip line no?"

"Hell nah punkass! 'mon down heah n snatch dem mutha up yo damself!"

Weh weh, ain dat sumpin?! Me strech out on deez dam hooks, he sassin' me like he dun lead dis damn A5!

Seriously though: lambone, lay off the espresso drinks my friend, you just came in way too amped up this morning (not just in this topic). I don't know you, and it is still early in the morning, but maybe smooth over that caffeine with a couple of cocktails...may I suggest a double of a 12 year old single malt over three cubes of ice in a tumbler. Helps take the edge off, ya know?

[This message has been edited by willstrickland (edited 06-26-2001).]

Hey will, you funny... but your right, I don't have the balls for that A5 shit. I want to climb till I'm old and flabby. And my girl won't let me...

It's funny that you say that cause I make my partners beg and plead for the pins before I tag 'em up!! Its fun to use ethics as an excuse to induce fear and misery! Go clean bro...

Hey Cavey... Thanks man, you don't know what that means to me! Unfortunately I was only crack climbing because my partner was freaked out by the wall. But I have to say it was nice to free climb in YNP again. Peace dog.

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 06-26-2001).]