olemissrebel Posted June 10, 2010 Share Posted June 10, 2010 I’m on a 4-person team planning to climb the Ingraham Direct route between Sunday and Wednesday. Months ago we secured the time off work to climb during the week and added a few days for weather. Ideally we would camp at Muir Sunday and Ingraham Flats Monday with a Tuesday morning summit. With current events and the forecasted weather what do Rainier veterans think our plan? We all have formal mountaineering training, but this will be our first Rainier attempt. I’m not concerned with glacier travel or crevasse rescue, but more so the recent avalanche conditions. We will all have a beacon and a probe and will run through a few mock rescues before the climb. With so much time on our schedule we will actually go over all aspects of safety in regards to this climb before the summit attempt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.