[TR] Snow Creek Wall - Orbit 5/11/2010

summitchaserCJB

Trip: Snow Creek Wall - Orbit

Date: 5/11/2010

Trip Report:

Ran a lap on Orbit today. This was my first time on this route. I personally liked it better than Outer Space. Definitely more spicy. :moondance: I might add details later but I'm pretty tired now.

Trip Report.

Gear Notes:

As little as possible. Doubles in most sizes.

Edited by summitchaserCJB

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Ivan. I was definitely off route for the second to last 200 feet. That's one of the reason I liked the route. And we did an awful chimney on the last pitch to the right of the route.

if you liked the route becasue you were not on it.. then you actually didn't like the route? I am very confused!

Yes Marc. Spray all you want. We were minorly off route for the second last pitch (like 10 feet off on identical knobs.) And the final chimney is the other part. So how is that not doing the route. Just do the route before you spray. It is sweet. And the reason I liked the route is because it is rather convoluted with routefinding.

Edited by summitchaserCJB

Oh, I thought you said you were 200ft off route! I wouldn't really count being 200ft away from the route as the same route..... glad you had a fun adventure.

Although I don't understand what could be better than the headwall crack of outer Space in that grade! That crack was like heaven itself.

no no no. I know. That crack is the best handcrack in the northwest.

There are so many knobs, one doesn't even need to touch the crack on OS. What is the best handcrack in the NW?

I guess I'd say High Planes Drifter is up there

What is the best handcrack in the NW?

I guess I'd say High Planes Drifter is up there

First 12d pitch on Teedy Bear's Picnic looks like one of the best.

Not sure about fist of offwidth, I don't climb those sizes that often, but for fingercracks it is the 'Cobra' hands down.

The toxic is sweet. But as handcracks go...not so much. Once you get on Outerspace you'll understand. Hard to compare 10 feet of (pure crack) climbing with 300.

As was established, OS is a face climb with a crack for pro.

P2 Rattletale?

I would say Split Pillar but everyone knows you can just lieback that.

Laybacking the split pillar? Maybe you could, but why would you? Just because you can climb it with poor technique doesn't disqualify it from being a great crack. I'll give the nod to the split pillar just because it is classic and you can see it from the Pub a the end of the day.

Runner-up would be the enduro pitch below the roof on the West Face, Colchuck Balanced Rock. Perfect hands/tight hands for a good long ways.

-Nate