• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
i_like_sun

CC.com Splitboard Thread

feck- i just wanted to stand up and be counted as splitboarder. my comment was actually taken from a bumper sticker i saw on the way to baker one day and I thought it was cool. I guess it means it is the answer for people that don't want to ski. The system faces a lot of criticism and is not for everyone, but I love it.

I wish I had some really good eating shit pictures of me coming down loowit this afternoon.

They look like that picture at first, but the pictures afterwards look like pain.... ;)

Skis evolved to travel over snow: up, down and flat. Snowboards evolved as lift toys. But lots of people like to snowboard more than ski, so splitboards seem like the best option for them if they are interested in backcountry. I can't imagine slow-shoeing with a snowboard on my back, so if I boarded I'd be on a splitboard myself. I'm just glad I like to ski so I don't have to worry about it. :)

Skis evolved to travel over snow: up, down and flat. Snowboards evolved as lift toys. But lots of people like to snowboard more than ski, so splitboards seem like the best option for them if they are interested in backcountry. I can't imagine slow-shoeing with a snowboard on my back, so if I boarded I'd be on a splitboard myself. I'm just glad I like to ski so I don't have to worry about it. :)

There is nothing to worry about. Splitboarding is easily just as efficient as BC skiing. Skiers have to take skins on and off too, and in that I'm usually ahead of the pack with my board already put together.

Anyone know what ever happened to the website splitboard.com?

It was just like this blog, but dedicated to all things splitboard. that would suck if it disappeared. It seemed like it was doing pretty well.

I heard that the creator of the website, BCrider, forgot to change his contact info with his domain provider and never received the reminder to renew. Once the grace period was up, someone snatched up the domain name.

As stated above, the website has been moved to www.splitboardlife.com

Funny thread!

"I was going to renew my web domain..... then I got high"

snow boarders!

For whatever reason splitboard.com is now up over at http://www.splitboardlife.com

many thanks!

I think the domain name has been reclaimed! Apparently the Joe who snagged it decided to do the right thing. Splitboarding.com still shows some bogus page though... Maybe it just takes a while to transfer?