Dry rock possibilties in Leavy this weekend??

powdrx

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did a quick canyon tour. If it rains tonight/tomorrow this will all change, of course.

Tumwater

--February Buttress area looked ok

--Upper Castle has some dry lines from the look of it

Icicle

--Mountie Dome dry

--Careno Area looked ok

--Givler's Crack looked mostly dry

--Heart of Gold area may be ok.

How did the boulders look in leavenworth?

GNS gets sun at the end of the day and I recall the first little pitch of aires having water running down them on one night time early season ascent...it is possible to get to the mid slab anchors avoiding pretty much every crux and then top rope stuff from there if you don't want to lead at your limit in damp conditions.

Stuff in the country tends to get sun earlier in the day but I find the scramble to the first anchor on gm can be sketch if wet.

Thanks for the heads up Kurt. That is a good start... we might check out Clem's Holler and the Javelin area as they get a lot of sun. Weather today is great and tomorrow looks good too (for rock, not powder snow, which is what I would usually be looking for this time of year)!!

With all the rain on Saturday night, ended up over in Vantage. It was wet and rainy until about 10miles from the River and then it was dry. We climbed in the clouds for about 90min, then had 2hrs of shirts of cragging in the sun before the clouds cooled it back off. Fun to get a little Feb cragging in!!