Matched pair of 2009 BD Cobras

montypiton

OK gearwhores, now's your chance! I have a pair of virtually new BD Cobras - that latest model, that I need to unload. One has been used twice, the other was a shop demo tool. Both have picks that will be freshly tuned before shipping. They are perhaps 1/3 of the first tooth gone (I like to keep my tools VERY sharp). $450 for the pair, or $225 individually. I will list them on ebay in 48 hours if no-one here wants them. My son and I both prefer the DMM Rebel...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try, Dane, but I don't feel a bit guilty. When you walk into a retail outlet, you generally pay that markup or more. Honestly, both my son and I prefer the DMM Rebel, and this sale will finance the tools he really wants. If ya don't like it, don't buy them. I feel like I'm in the positon of making whoever does want them a helluva deal, without taking a bath myself. Why would I feel guilty. Yesterday, I sold a young man (a sixteen-year old that I'm mentoring along with my son) a pair of Aztars modified to climb leashless, $100.00 for the pair. I don't feel ripped off, and he gets a pair of tools that he preferred over the Cobras when he demoed both the day before yesterday. Like I say - I'm giving someone a helluva deal, and its gonna work out well for both of us. BTW-I've got a guy scheduled to demo them on Wednesday, so nyah-nyah--besides, I think yer just jealous -- or do you intentionally lose money on all the stuff you list here?

Edited by montypiton

As far as price differential between Cobra and Viper, I've actually found Cobra less expensive than Viper among liquidators selling via Ebay. I own a pair of Cobras as "back-up" that mostly get used by my sons or poorly equipped colleagues - cost roughly $300 FOR THE PAIR.

so go watch ebay! Why do you think I recommended that to people? It may take a month or so, but you'd do better, and I won't be offended. However, if you want this deal it's here. If you don't want it, and can do better, by all means go where you can get the best deal! I certainly do! Yes, by all means, Quote my words back to me! I got a helluva deal on these tools, which I'm not prepared to offer to someone else. So what? You aren't buying them, obviously, so why should it matter to you? Don't climb with me, either! My Dr. keeps pulling me off the job, because after last June's big fall, I'm brain-damaged. Doesn't seem to bother my long-time partners (who know very well what I paid for these tools, and are still referring their good friends to me because they recognize that their friends will get a good deal - most of them have tried the tools, too) Should I NOT have offered the deal to this community? If that's what you prefer, I certainly don't have to offer them here. They'll be sold in a couple of days either way... Try to do someone a good turn and they spit in yer eye because yer good turn doesn't hurt you, is that it?

Dane-

You're absolutely right! The fact that I took the tags off one of them and used it twice makes it used, not new, and the fact that one of them had been a shop demo that had seen almost no use before I bought it also makes that one used. However, I will bow to consensus. My sale offer is withdrawn. The tools are no longer available on Cascadeclimbers.com I'm in the phone book in Leavenworth if someone is interested, but they're most likely sold after Wednesday anyway. And for those who are willing to keep a daily watch on ebay, I'm certain you can get a better deal than I am offering here, so you really should do that. I recommend it! Just don't try to resell on this venue if you and your son like something else better...

I don't see what's wrong with making a profit. If you have a problem with it, make your own ice tools. It's been done before. I briefly tested these tools and considered buying them; they are very nice, sleek, shiny, and they look just like new. Except sharper. I decided that they are just not my style and bought the Aztars instead...but $450 for a pair of Cobras is a great deal.

-Mark