[TR] Red Rocks pictures - 11/8/2009

billcoe

Trip: Red Rocks pictures -

Date: 11/8/2009

Trip Report:

We just got back from Red Rocks where instead of the mid 40s and 50s and wet, it was mid 60s-70s and dry. Pretty much did easy long routes. Here's some pictures mostly of Ujahn and Bryan, 2 great dudes to hang with anytime. Sorry, I only took pics mostly one day despite carrying it around for several. Most of these were of Hot Flash, Which I pretty much got a free ride on, we took a 70M rope and climbed it as a party of 3 in 3-1/2 hours with the middle guy clipping into a biner 30 feet or so from the end. This route is is the route just to the left of Josephs FA he did up first creek with Larry DeAngelo. We also did Lucky Lady as well a few buttresses closer to the car in 1st creek.

Resized_Ujahn_3rd_classing_to_Hot_Flashes.jpg

Resized_Bryon_on_the_slabs_below_Hot_Flashes.jpg

Resized_Bryan_with_the_Hot_Flashes_route_list.jpg

Resized_Bighorn_Sheep.jpg

Resized_Ujahn_half_way_up_Hot_Flashes.jpg

Resized_Burros.jpg

Resized_bill_on_Hot_Flash.jpg

Resized_Ujahn_Belaying.jpg

Resized_Bryanup_on_Hot_Flash.jpg

resized_Necromancer_wall.jpg

Resized_Burros.jpg

Resized_Bighorn_Sheep.jpg

Resized_Ujahn_at_Frogland_Base.jpg

Gear Notes:

Don't take a #4 for Hot Flash unless you need the weight to train.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos Bill. I will get on one of those slab routes next time i'm in town.

Glad to have finally met you, even it was at a Blackjack table sitting with Ken and not climbing. We knew you were in town, just funny that ended up crossing paths there.Can't say enough about the Fetish Pit dancers/dealers eh?

JL

Great photos Bill. I will get on one of those slab routes next time i'm in town.

Glad to have finally met you, even it was at a Blackjack table sitting with Ken and not climbing. We knew you were in town, just funny that ended up crossing paths there.Can't say enough about the Fetish Pit dancers/dealers eh? JL

Josh, great meeting you as well! Who has pics of those fetish pit chicks? We should break those out right here:-)

I'd never met you but I was a tad embarrassed to not recognize Walla Walla Ken at the same table! Here's the last time I saw him he was wandering under the route we were on at Beacon and invited him up with us and dropped him a rope. I think I was on the top of Rhythm Method belaying Joseph leading Menopause. He's seen here laughing at my cluster* - I had all the lead stuff clipped in and then Ujahn came up and clipped his crap in (backpack, water bottle, etc, I can see his brown daisy in this picture. I took this pic, so I should have no excuse to not recognize him. Guess if he'd had that helmet on I could have guessed it was him......

Ken_from_Walla_Walla.jpg

Did you get any of your pics posted? How about you Sherrie? Links?

Walla Walla Ken...

shouldn't he be "the climber formerly known as Walla Walla Ken" now that he is up in the emerald city?

Maybe...broken ankle Chris's ankles have long since healed and he hasn't seen that girlfriend for years, so should he then be "The Climber formerly known as Broken Ankle Chris"?