Hilleberg Rad vs Wal-Mart

johndavidjr

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly, I'm fundamentally opposed to non free-standing tents at any price. Period. I mean, come on, do we really live in a world where you would choose to buy a tent that you have to stake it down in order to survive. That's pretty scary, if you ask me.

But some of them have beautiful cathedral windows and skylights and can be used in paradise.

20%27x20%27%20009.jpg

38%27roundinparadise.jpg

From the Wenzel (Wal-Mart) Wenzel Starlight product description:

"[starlight] is highly weatherproof and very durable, but it is a shelter – not a tent – and so puts only a single layer of [impermiable] fabric between you and the elements.... [The] single wall design is, by nature, more prone to condensation than a double wall tent. To combat this, we put no-see-um mesh into the the top third of the door to promote cross ventilation."

This is a brilliant design innovation, worth every penny. But the coated floor will trap condensation to a greater extent than floorless designs.

See more of above description here;

http://estore.websitepros.com/1764795/-strse-9/Hilleberg-Rajd-Ultralight-Shelter/Detail.bok

Part of the race-to-the-bottom problem you apparently perceive with regard to Wal-Mart, etc., is that the individual's role is utterly without significance.

Boycotting Wal-Mart is a well-intentioned but simplistic and ineffective notion, I think.

"VF Corp. (VFC), whose brands include Nautica, The North Face, and Wrangler, also sells more merchandise to Wal-Mart than to any other customer...."

--Business Week Magazine, Feb. '09

But if it makes you feel better, then Wenzel Starlight tents, Wrangler jeans, Circus Time popcorn, et al., ad infinitum, can be acquired from various other retailers in addition to Wal-Mart, & generally for about the same price.

Beaver pelts & cotton bales can be also swapped for shoes, in some places.

which is remarkable because you apparently think that the individual plays some role in the outdoor gear industry.

your Walmart Puptent marketing is a fine example of what a difference your contribution to society has made.

deep thoughts by jdj. amusing, insignificant.

walmart puptent.

Regarding a simple & narrow subject, I have a view backed by objective easily verified facts as well as subjective experience.

If you think I therefore believe this affects the retail industry, you make irrational & unwarranted inferrences that obviously call into question your capacity for even the most simple analysis.

Regarding a simple & narrow subject, I have a view backed by objective easily verified facts as well as subjective experience.

If you think I therefore believe this affects the retail industry, you make irrational & unwarranted inferrences that obviously call into question your capacity for even the most simple analysis.

You posted in spray.

You get nonsense.

Scummy Wal-Mart is among other things, the biggest customer of the corporation that currently owns "The North Face," which waaay back in my day, and still slightly today, was/is cutting edge.

Dumbass rabble will riot when their MooU state beer team doesn't win football game. The tiny "elite" of this particular crowd end up as Wal-Mart managers, or working for their daddys' scummy small businesses, which one way or another are ripping off locals.

Riots aren't means of reasonble discourse, nor comical.

Just stupid. Like you.

Like morons needing understanding and state support, who frequently end up as roadkill because traffic lights are "too intellectual."

A lot of these people think they're Republicans. Mostly, they are unable to actually read.

Rather than original thought, they can sometimes repeat what they hear on television or what they pick up from selected advertising that has (easily) conned them into a personal identification.

A simple analysis reveals their utter poverty of spirt and simple humanity. Thus their pathetic and truly worthless form of " existence," needing quotes, which often makes dogs look like a much higher form of live.

It really must suck to be yourself. You're a self proclaimed reject of several internet discussion forums, due to an obvious personality defect. There isn't much left but to come here to spray and muse on the wonders of the mighty Walmart Puptent, and revel in your own estimation of your intelligence.

of course i'm stupid! i'm responding to you.

walmart. puptent.

It really must suck to be yourself. You're a self proclaimed reject of several internet discussion forums, due to an obvious personality defect. There isn't much left but to come here to spray and muse on the wonders of the mighty Walmart Puptent, and revel in your own estimation of your intelligence.

of course i'm stupid! i'm responding to you.

walmart. puptent.

where can I buy one of these puptents and how much do they cost?

More customer reviews

Do Not Buy This!! Date: June 5, 2009

"I purchased this tent last spring. For around $120. We took it camping for one week. We slept 3 kids and 2 adult with some of our stuff and it is really roomy and you can stand up and get dressed, that is the only nice thing about this tent.

The directions are hard to read, you need 2 people to set it up because the poles are so long.

The way this tent is designed the dome creates a diamond shape on the top of the tent. Which acts like a bowl in rain. Within 10 minutes of it raining we knew we were in trouble. The water sits in a pool on top of the tent and will constantly drip through the fly onto your head. You need to constantly empty the bowl, which is not fun when you have to do it all night. This tent also has very large windows, and they leak. Every seam at each corner of the window just lets water poor in. All the peg holder seams leak too.

The way the door is designed is terrible. It opens from the bottom up, so there is no way to get circulation through the tent unless the door is left wide open. And if it has rained the door has to flap into the tent to get in, getting all your stuff wet.

Whoever designed this tent did not test it out to see if it works or f it was is even practical for camping use. A big waste of money. N"

More customer reviews

Do Not Buy This!! Date: June 5, 2009

"I purchased this tent last spring. For around $120. We took it camping for one week. We slept 3 kids and 2 adult with some of our stuff and it is really roomy and you can stand up and get dressed, that is the only nice thing about this tent.

The directions are hard to read, you need 2 people to set it up because the poles are so long.

The way this tent is designed the dome creates a diamond shape on the top of the tent. Which acts like a bowl in rain. Within 10 minutes of it raining we knew we were in trouble. The water sits in a pool on top of the tent and will constantly drip through the fly onto your head. You need to constantly empty the bowl, which is not fun when you have to do it all night. This tent also has very large windows, and they leak. Every seam at each corner of the window just lets water poor in. All the peg holder seams leak too.

The way the door is designed is terrible. It opens from the bottom up, so there is no way to get circulation through the tent unless the door is left wide open. And if it has rained the door has to flap into the tent to get in, getting all your stuff wet.

Whoever designed this tent did not test it out to see if it works or f it was is even practical for camping use. A big waste of money. N"

Yeah, but dude, it's like "functionally similar" to that Swedish piece of shit.