Pineapple Express, not the one on Mt. Snoqualmie

Dan_Miller

Professor Cliff Mass (U of W Atmospheric Sciences) indicates a serious 'consolidation' of our current wonderful, early season snowpack given the Pineapple Express scenario. He characterizes the event as "serious and threatening." Thus; be prepared for a soggy mess, coupled with significant 'wet slab' potential. I'm somewhat bummed, but what can you do?

More details @ [http//:cliffmassblogspot.com/] Cliff Mass Weather Blog (sorry, I can't seem to get the hyperlink to function)

Edited by Dan_Miller

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting if it's strong and really hits in January right before the Olympics ;)

Yeah I've wondered what happens if the weather totally craps out. It still think it's funny they are holding the winter Olympics in a city with pretty much the same climate as Seattle. Might as well just call it the "Whistler Olympics, featuring some building events in Vancouver"

It'll be interesting if it's strong and really hits in January right before the Olympics ;)

Yeah I've wondered what happens if the weather totally craps out. It still think it's funny they are holding the winter Olympics in a city with pretty much the same climate as Seattle. Might as well just call it the "Whistler Olympics, featuring some building events in Vancouver"

The IOC got their hookers, blow, bribes and yet again convinced a group of rubes to fork over a ton of cash for little return.

What more do they care?