thin red line rack?

ivan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan - I'm a hack of an aid climber and did it sans iron, but relied heavily on small size Leeper cam hooks, maybe a medium or two. You will be fine with doubles, especially in the larger sizes. I think it is a route you will like. Enjoy!

It's been 9 or 10 years but this rack will get you there. Don't know anything about the fixed lines as we didn't fix.

Double set of cams to 3 inches

Double set of nuts

Double set of micro nuts

Hooks

Camhooks

I don't remember a lot about the route, but do remember all the aid ratings are very soft compared to Yosemite. A more realistic grade would be C2-C2+. You might want to have a couple of "just in case" pins along. But you really shouldn't need them. Go get it man!

also, as the nelson topo is pretty shy of details, is it possible to fix the first 3 pitches w/ 2 60 m ropes? what are the decent fixing options if not?

There's a set of chain anchors 20 ft. to the left of the normal p3 anchor (bolted route between TRL and Liberty Crack) which you may be able to fix to the ground, bypassing the roof. It's possible to aid from there back right to TRL across some stacked blocks.