Stuart NE face

NoahT

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckey lists a "Girth Pillar Left", IV-5.9-A2,by Bebie & Hampson in 1986, in his latest guide, but doesnt' identify the line in any illustration. The text says "steep rock route... stay left of the Pillar for the entire route... may have some snow". Hard to say from his text whether your runnel is this route or not. Looks interesting... when was the photo taken?

My understanding is Blue Moon in June is climbers right of the girth pillar; closer to the NE face.

I've been over on the left side of the pillar and the obvious line of weakness where I would suspect the Girth Pillar Left line would be is roughly in between the pillar and the ice line in that photo you posted. Assuming I was looking at the correct line (???) it has a large roof in it.

Ive seen that ice line you have shown there the past few springs running in various forms... I believe it was 2 years ago (?) it looked awesome. Ive never seen it in fat enough to be a pure ice climb but could be some good mixed fun. Go get her next spring!

Noah,

Here is a post I did when I used to post under my last name, way back when...

February 2006

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/548069/site_id/1

Pictures are exactly in that bottom half of the runnel you speak of.

It was probably one of my first climbs where I realized that dying was possible. But we were three years younger then, couldn't afford the gear we have now, and probably weren't as expeirenced. It left an impression on me at the time.

Nice craig, I remember that tr. I was always a little confused trying to imagine that terrain in your pics on more the ne face proper. It alllll makes sense now. Strong work.

Totally conditions dependent, tragically guarded by the big hump to get in there. Here's to making it a go!!!

Cheers

I just remember being scared, dehydrated, and glad when that climb was done. But it was three years ago.

For comparison, I climbed both Pinapple Express and New York Gully on Snoqualmie this year, and NE Couloir on D-tail, similiar thin ice smear/rock climbing, and had a blast. It didn't phase me one bit.

So eaither it was really hard and we were outa our league or I got a little bit better. I would for sure like to go back there some day and see it again.

I wish I had a solid partner these days that could get my physched on that stuff aga

Thanks for posting on that area.