[TR] Enchantments - Prusik S. Face, Burgner/Stanley Route 5/24/2009

telemarker

Trip: Enchantments - Prusik S. Face, Burgner/Stanley Route

Date: 5/24/2009

Trip Report:

Geoff Cecil and I took yesterday to climb the B/S route. Incredible route. Forgot how fun it was. The route's totally dry. We did it in 4 pitches, in four hours. Lots of people out there, in fact, tons seiging Colchuck, Dragontail and Annapurna. Around Prusik? Two!

SDC10458.JPG

SDC10460.JPG

SDC10463.JPG

SDC10471.JPG

dragontail_backside.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only two on colchuck n buttress coulior.

did you guys get the west ridge in too?

Was it you and your friend I chatted with on the hike up to the lake? We topped out and the day was too nice to be in a hurry to get back down to do another lap! So we just hung out and soaked up the ambience.

Nice! That first shot gives a great view of Der Sportsmen.

We spied that line walking underneath it. It pretty much runs directly up to the top of the W. Ridge slab??

you might be thinking of solid gold, which tops out a bit before the w ridge slab.

der sportsmen tops out on the summit and basically takes the arete of the south face, near the sun/shade line in you photo. you can see the final splitter finger crack to chimney pitch on top.

Nice shots. How was the snow on the approach?

The snow approach was great in the morning, made all the more efficient since we could still walk over the west margin of Colchuck Lake, but just barely. By the late afternoon, we were postholing. Postholing over Colchuck Lake is a bit eerie, and we bailed to shore towards the end.

great climb and pics! What a great weekend to be in the Enchantments!

Crossing the lake was Freaky! I was sinking in water in spots with my snowshoes. I did notice that the ice itself in most spots was at least 18" to 24" thick still.