Politics in a nutshell.

kevbone

I did not write this.....but I agree with it.

"Maybe I'm just a cynic, but here's my take on the American political system in a nutshell: Republicans run on a right wing populist platform in order to advance the interests of a very small shareholder class, then stay there once they get into power. The public gets disgusted with this and elects a bunch of democrats, who had run on a left wing ... Read Morepopulist platform. Unlike the Reps, however, they move to the center once they're in power (in order to advance the interests of a very small shareholder class). The public gets disgusted with this and the cycle begins anew... For my own part, I could see this coming at least a year ahead of time. Obama is the second coming of Bill Clinton, who was the second coming of Jimmy Carter, who was the second coming of JFK, yada, yada, yada..."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure how you'd fit politics into a nutshell, but i did just notice a fine anagram for "politics son!" is "clit is poison!"

You could fit Boner's brain in a nutshell - a pistachio nutshell.

not a sesame seed?

perhaps the bone is really hamlet though?

"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."

Unlike the Reps, however, they move to the center once they're in power (in order to advance the interests of a very small shareholder class).

The definition of the center in political nomenclature means capturing the interest of a large group of people by promoting moderate policies which land in the middle between different political extremes, you dumb fuck.

The definition of the center in political nomenclature means capturing the interest of a large group of people by promoting moderate policies which land in the middle between different political extremes.

Right, except in the USA where the definition of the center in political nomenclature means capturing the interests of two institutionalized, anti-competitive national parties (controlled by a very small shareholder class), while silencing "political extremes" which happen to represent the broad but marginalized interests of the supposed electorate.

Don't play the game, just watch two sides play the game for you, on TV. That is the best way to be a team player. Then everybody wins. :moondance:

When the only publicly acceptable means of political expression is whether you are rooting for the D team or the R team, then yes, we are all pretty much a silent majority. But you are welcome to cheer and wave a flag if you want. It is more fun that way, and you get to feel like you are part of the political process. If you're lucky, a guy from your hometown might even get called up to the big leagues ( he probably wont remember you though).