1. 1. Sobo Drinking Poll

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will Sobo start his w/e today?

HA!!!1 YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!1

At this very moment, I am STILL at work, crunching away on the results of a bid opening for a project of mine that has been 5 FUCKING YEARS in the making! At long last, it's finally going to construction.

Now, y'all need to know that I was supposed to be bivying in the snow up on Chinook Pass by now, having already imbibed copious amounts of various libations, blissfully snoozing away in preparation for my mountain rescue winter training excercise which begins tomorrow morning...

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, here I sit, taking a short break from the monotonous drudgery that is the process of verification of bids received. And I thought I would get no more than a half-dozen bids. Should be easy enough to verify some bids and have my presentation ready for Monday night's council meeting without having to work late or miss my weekend, right?

Shit, I got 15 fuq'n bids for this project! And bidders came as far away as Hayden, ID; Portland, OR, and Burlington, WA to bid on this puny little $3.5 million road job in Sunnyside. Apparently, there's a lot of hungry contractors out there that are willing to move their equipment some pretty hefty distances to try and win a job. Things are tough all over...

Well Teresa, just a few minutes ago I rummaged around in the office refrigerator, and found one solitary canned beverage. I would not really call it beer, but it is marketed as such.

I hardly think y'all will believe me when I say that I just drank a Bud Light. :sick:

My brain is mush, and my vision is blurring. I'm going home to bed, now... G'night. :wave:

I see myself being back at the office again tomorrow, at least for part of the day. :(