blagojevich impeachment

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politics Chicago style. Everybody has something on everybody else. It makes the beltway look like a bridge club.

Not even our savior of change can be totally clean to have risen out of that morass.

As I have ALWAYS said, anybody who wants the job (president) should be automatically disqualified.

But that is thread drift.

They do not need to impeach him. When he is convicted they will have had to take no chances at being the hatchet man. He will fight "to his last breath" means he has a judge in his hip pocket. But at this point, he better have a stranglehold on the judge and all the judge's children or he will have to stand on his own merits. Not much there. He will plead out and be commuted.

In a few weeks, this will be old news and Bagobitch will be in Florida plotting his comeback.

i don't understand why the illinois legislature is being so slow.. can't they just vote to impeach, have no trial, and vote to convict?

the legislature would be delivering a unanimous f-u to blago.

who cares? lets go after the real criminals--cheney, rumsfeld and, oh yes, friedman.... ;)

who cares? lets go after the real criminals--cheney, rumsfeld and, oh yes, friedman.... ;)

If the legal system in the USA wasn't such a Joke,and they Charged BUSH and his gang for their Crimes or even a investigation in to wrong doing we would have more credibility in the world !!

i don't understand why the illinois legislature is being so slow.. can't they just vote to impeach, have no trial, and vote to convict?

the legislature would be delivering a unanimous f-u to blago.

heh heh!

This asshole IS a real criminal. They should all be locked up everytime they get caught! Many of our representatives are honest hard working folks: and jackasses like these give them a bad name and break down our respect for what should be a great system IMO. I'm saddened to see that it appears that Barak appears to be going to let bygones be bygones with the last group of criminals. Cheney recently looks to have owned up to outing Valerie Plame, yet Scooter Libby took that hit. WTF kind of crap was that to just be ignored?

WT heck is with Illinois anyway? They already have the last Republican asswipe locked up in stir and now they're adding another asshole?

Gary asks why can't the US join the 3rd world.

Way to peg the retardometer

Impeachment is more on the lines of voters recalling/removing someone from public office than a jury convicting one of a crime.

I don't see what's so 3rd-world about a supermajority removing someone from office.

Impeachment and ejection from office is something different than a court trial and conviction/incarceration. Taking away someone's official position in government via a vote in the legislature is something fundamentally different than potentially taking away their basic rights and freedoms in a court of law. Consequences are different, rules of evidence are evident, process is different.

Pretending that citizens and legislators can't draw a reasonable conclusion about someone's fitness to continue in office, no matter how clear and substantial the evidence is, unless they base their decision on the outcome of a court trial is retarded.

Per the contrary argument a governor could wear a Klan outfit and smoke crack while accepting bribes at a press conference and neither the citizens nor the legislators would have any basis for removing him from office until there was a court judgment confirming that he was guilty of something.

Impeachment and ejection from office is something different than a court trial and conviction/incarceration. Taking away someone's official position in government via a vote in the legislature is something fundamentally different than potentially taking away their basic rights and freedoms in a court of law. Consequences are different, rules of evidence are evident, process is different.

Different rules != no need for a trial

can't they just vote to impeach, have no trial, and vote to convict?

I don't see what's so 3rd-world about a supermajority removing someone from office.

you don't see anything wrong with people convicting without a trial?

Gary is so smart. Of course he knows when someone is guilty, and when we can dispense with a trial.