Great Northern Slab index lost.: rope and stuff

Braydon

Hey I took my brother up his first multipitch today on GNS. He did good but it took longer than expected. First we started the first rappell in the dark. Next the rope got stuck (had to cut it) and then with a 50m rope we had to set an intermediate rappell station halfway up pitch 2 and had to leave a sling and some biners. We got down to the top of the "3rd class" approach chimney and decided to rappell down it since it was dark and we didn't have headlamps.

Anyway I lost a bunch of shit and if you're heading up there soon I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and see if you can find it.

Thanks!

Oh and there's also a nut around the halfway point on pitch 2.

Edited by Braydon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds brutal :eek: I hope someone helps you out.

But, BTW, you should be able to rap with a 50m, I do it all the time. Did you top out? Anchors at the top will get you to the bolts at the top of the hand-crack, and from there you can hit the ground.

Did you bail off a single nut?

yeah it really sucks...we topped out though. no we rappelled off the tree(twig) in the middle of pitch 2 not the nut. I'm guessing when I say 50 meters, probably less. I had the only nut tool and he couldn't get it out. We decided to get it on the way down but forgot about it since we were in such a rush.

Anyway I lost a bunch of shit and if you're heading up there soon I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and see if you can find it.

You might stand a better chance of getting your shit back if you offer a reward for its return. Start with a sixer of the finder's favorite malt beverage or something like that. Jus' sayin'...

baby steps in altitude. almost 5000 meters to 7000 meters...hmmm, i wonder if that's following the baby steps rule...do as i say, not as i do :grin:

I gues Ill just have to solo the south face in a single winter day and then fly off the summit with my parapente :D

What do you think i'm going there to do (other than to see if Argentinan women are as hot as everyone says they are)???? phh...you thought i was going up one of the standard routes?

Edited by Braydon

I think I know who has half of your rope...we saw it hanging there. He took half the rope and coiled it up and left it near the base of GNS. From what I saw there was another party grabbing your stuff and the other half of the rope. No idea who they were. Send me a PM. Ill see if I can get half the rope back if its still there.