Natural Poison Oak remedy

billcoe

Jewelweed.

Link

"Jewelweed is best known for its skin healing properties. The leaves and the juice from the stem of Jewelweed are used by herbalists to cure poison ivy and other plant induced rashes, as well as many other types of dermatitis. Jewelweed works by counter-reacting with the chemicals in other plants that cause irritation. Poultices and salves from Jewelweed are a folk remedy for bruises, burns, cuts, eczema, insect bites, sores, sprains, warts, and ringworm."

Anyway, I planted some this year in my backyard with the sole intent of doing a Johnny Jewelweed seed gig. The Hummingbirds love this stuff. I hope to harvest seeds in a week are 2. I will give anyone who wants some seeds until I run out. If you choose to plant in your back yard, they like it damp, so mulching is a great idea so you can do extended climbing trips in the heat and your plants survive it. It might not be a bad idea to put some in the areas you're planning on climbing if there is Poison Oak there so that you can just rip some of this off and rub before you even head home. Thinking like Ozone, put them in your favorite spot and tell folks of this. It likes damp soil.

Let me know if you want some and I'll bring some seeds to the Ozone Kevin Rauch benefit for you if they are ready.

More info: Link

Link

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the French Clay only slightly works and anyway you have to leave that shit on you for 15 min and not make a mess: HELLO! It's not as good as baking soda which is still only temporary.

Surprised you don't sign onto this project. Maybe you like the way it feels for 2 weeks after you do that Jensons Ridge topout and should have had a mask and snorkel cause you were doing the mandatory swimming through it.....

I can't say. Surprising is all.

I think the French Clay only slightly works and anyway you have to leave that shit on you for 15 min and not make a mess: HELLO! It's not as good as baking soda which is still only temporary.

Surprised you don't sign onto this project. Maybe you like the way it feels for 2 weeks after you do that Jensons Ridge topout and should have had a mask and snorkel cause you were doing the mandatory swimming through it.....

I can't say. Surprising is all.

aww, i was just being cynical of everything is all - i'm bereft of hope and have just accepted the fact that fucking w/ that evil plant will inevitably result in zombie flesh - if you tell me that it works for you i'd be interested in trying it though...

What works for me is Zanfel. It really WORKS. It also costs $32 for an Ounce. Thats 1 Oz. Walgreens makes and equivalent they call Poison Ivy Wash. It is the equal to Zanfel.

It's costs $20 something for an ounce. One ounce. I gladly pay it when I consider the alternative. I've bought over 6 of these tubes so far this year, the last one a few months ago fortunatly. They say each tube should treat 15 ivy spots. My mileage is less.

This Sh*t works. I'd like to grow my own though and save the scratch. now here's Rob pissing on my parade.

BTW Rob, that's a Wikipedia article. It's strange that there are so many who say it works. link

link The medical studies there don't mention the itching going away. I don't think that's conclusive. Yet I still haven't tried it yet. When the oak was strong in the spring, my plants were babies, now they're huge and I wouldn't feel bad tearing them up, but the leaves have fallen off the poison oak plants and I haven't gotten it recently.