Hurricane Gustav

Braydon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gustav could have the most critical effect of all on the outcome of the presidential elections.

- news of its wake could overshadow the Repub convention

- McCain and Palin are already visiting the gulf coast

- Gustav might make people forget about Katrina, because Gustav is the most recent ouchie

- If response to Gustav gets handled well by the Repubs, that could be a big boost for their party. A poor response would doom them in November.

i can't see gustav helping the gop - it seems a direct hit on the big easy would likely destroy the town all over again, and the current gov will take huge criticism for not having fixed the goddamn levees despite the katrina disaster - true, it might well be the fault of the local/state gov, but the perception of incompetence of the reps at the national level will be all that matters

Somehow the GOP will spin this hurricane story into a story of Mccain-Palin acting with armies of compassion to help the victims of the storm.

I guess the "good" news for democrats is that another potent hurricane is off the coast of Florida as we speak. So basically for the next week hurricane coverage is going to dominate the media.