33,000 (thats thousand) foot fall survived!

billcoe

Check this sh*t.

link

"Who was she?

Vesna Vulovic was a stewardess back in the '70s working on a Serbian airline.

How She Stared Down Death:

Except for surviving countless ass gropings during her time as a stewardess there was really nothing special about this lady. Oh yeah, except for the fact that she fell 33,000 fucking feet and lived to tell the tale.

On January 26, 1972 our gal was working an extra shift due to a clerical error. She took the shift anyway to earn a little extra scratch, probably to supplement her bear-wrestling hobby or something. Anyway, some terrorists decided to blow up her plane and succeeded in doing so at the worst possible time, when the plane was really high up in the air. "

There's much more and some other stories.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: Aron Ralston was #6, not #2.

I read all seven. Did you read who was #1? Freakin' amazing.

Then it went all downhill real quick-like when I clicked on the link to Roofie Roulette. I was simply not prepared for that... :noway:

Click on the Digg link on the right sidebar, entitled "Worst Drinking Game Ever - NSFW"

:shudder:

A reminder to always buy the best tools you can.

Was it a Leatherman? Made right here in Ptown.

No, that was the thing about that story Kev, it was a cheap Chinese knockoff his Aunt had given him for a gift that didn't have hard steel. This was noted when he tried to work the rock down before he was forced to hack the arm. It wasn't up for the job. Hard to say if the better steel of a Leatherman would have hacked the rock and spared the arm...guess well never know unless mythbusters heads over that way.

I suppose the moral of the story is "Hack the rock and spare the arm".

A reminder to always buy the best tools you can.

Was it a Leatherman? Made right here in Ptown.

No, that was the thing about that story Kev, it was a cheap Chinese knockoff his Aunt had given him for a gift that didn't have hard steel. This was noted when he tried to work the rock down before he was forced to hack the arm. It wasn't up for the job. Hard to say if the better steel of a Leatherman would have hacked the rock and spared the arm...guess well never know unless mythbusters heads over that way.

I suppose the moral of the story is "Hack the rock and spare the arm".

the moral of the story is tell somebody about your climbing plans and planned return date.