[TR] Beacon Rawk - The Olde Goode Classic solos 7/19/2008

ivan

Trip: Beacon Rawk - The Olde Goode Classic solos

Date: 7/19/2008

Trip Report:

no reason for posting this 'sides i'm drunk and captivated here at seaside w/ the grim glowing horizon outside the glass - feeling like some happy go lucky fucked up apostle w/ the house so quite and the drunks and children asleep - my morning y-day was glorious and everything that it is that words fail to communicate - out at the lot at 6 a.m. - was back home by 11, but in the scant space between did the classics alone - the corner, young warriors, cruising and the first pitch of dods - buzzards by the dozen, rising in frustration when the trains passed - half sun on the event horizon of cloudiness - if only the world could feel in those few hours the grandness i felt then, i can't imagine our globe's little troubles being so godawful - a slight breeze, the solid nubbins of young warriors top pitch, the bit where the feet let go and it's just hanging by your hands and cursing and hauling and whooping when its done - the smoke at the base of the last scramble - the tourons on the trail - the dew on the trees on the hike down to the base in rubber clogs - the sense that this all will be over very soon - i like that the slab pitch on the corner has changed - now a slight handjam adds to the reportoire of skills one can practice on route - finally, dods at the end of the day - jam after jam, and the whole thing up and back to the ground in 10 minutes!

can't wait to be done w/ this beach trip in the orbit of the patriarchs :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to mention, the best part of the day was saving the 60'some odd bucks i was planning on spending on a new blue alien when i found one some gumby had abandoned on cruising - 15 seconds and no nut tool landed a fine metollius cam in the same range! if the owner has a blue alien they'd like to swap out for this orange-spray-painted model i'd be fine to make the trade :)

forgot to mention, the best part of the day was saving the 60'some odd bucks i was planning on spending on a new blue alien when i found one some gumby had abandoned on cruising - 15 seconds and no nut tool landed a fine metollius cam in the same range! if the owner has a blue alien they'd like to swap out for this orange-spray-painted model i'd be fine to make the trade :)

that gumby is jon stewart, aka, snoop.

You are soloing ALL of Dods Jam? That is impresive.........I dont know anyone else who solos the "whole thing".

... and the first pitch of dods ...

Kevin image02.png

At the risk of feeling old: be careful Ivan... love ya bra... but.......(insert cranky old finger wagging style text here)

:ooo:

[/rant]

i forgot to add the color element of the day - a whole army of boy scouts marching to the summit on the trail in harnesses and helmets looking for something to climb - the adults seemed more clueless then the kids - i don't see meself ever soloing all of dod's there kev as i've yet to be able to free the crux b/c i'm such a suckass rock climber

But did you free it? Being that you dont like straight in crack climbin and all......

Not that it matters.....

No, it actually bordered on casual once I got over the fact that I've never gotten it first try of the season because I'm always quite fat and out of shape - not so this year. That, and because I only do a single jam at the bottom to get started and then it's a pretty straightforward layback.

You have the heart of a warrior and the soul of an artist. As such I imagine that life can be both extremely difficult and very rewarding for you. Don't ever change...but hang onto life, for soon it too, will cease anyway, despite all of our best layed plans and efforts. Fight for every breath you take and never relent.

Never...ever....

............for soon enough this too will sadly pass.

BTW, I've never believed you to be a "suck ass" climber like you allude to yourself above....nor does anyone who knows you or knows about you. "Ivan the bold" perhaps, but never "Ivan the suck-ass". Never ever ever. I might sink to "Ivan the gifted", if it was said in a nice way after reading one of your rants perhaps:-) :lmao:

And now, I have a 3rd glass of wine to pursue and perchance my prose will in fact have hope to become more flowery, like an elderly woman's bathroom with the fresh scent of pine....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting that for me! I'll trade a smoke!

Stewart

Thanks for getting that for me! I'll trade a smoke!

Stewart

didn't you get real hurt last year using cams where you should be using nuts? :)