For Ivan (missing Tauntauns finally found! )

billcoe

Link

Expensive Santa Cruz Mountains search finds stoned teen

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

(04-30) 05:28 PDT Santa Cruz, CA (AP) --

A mother's frantic 911 plea for help finding her injured teen son lost in the Santa Cruz Mountains led to an expensive search that ended with rescuers locating the youth stoned on drugs.

Eighteen-year-old Matthew Rosenberg had used his cellular telephone Monday night to call his mom and tell her he tripped, broke his leg and was lost.

But Cal Fire Capt. Bill Finch says the Los Gatos High School senior didn't break his leg, adding the teen had apparently swallowed hallucinogenic mushrooms, possibly dropped some acid and just "thought" his leg was broken.

Finch says the teen "was really gorked" when rescuers found him standing at the bottom of a ravine. The cost of the search was estimated at up to $10,000.

The teen's father Mark Rosenberg says the boy will be punished, adding "he probably won't get to use the car for a while." "

Now you know what $10,000 will buy you.

___

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember a trip me and a bunch of friends did in the blue ridge mtns back east in a similiar state - about 2 hrs in a massive thunderstorm rattled the hell out of us, and we ended up hiking in a strait line for the next half day, completly convinced we were walking in a circles, but eventually emerging into the parking lot on the far end of our section only to realize, "holy shit! we're supposed to DRIVE now?"

i remember a trip me and a bunch of friends did in the blue ridge mtns back east in a similiar state - about 2 hrs in a massive thunderstorm rattled the hell out of us, and we ended up hiking in a strait line for the next half day, completly convinced we were walking in a circles, but eventually emerging into the parking lot on the far end of our section only to realize, "holy shit! we're supposed to DRIVE now?"

that's awesome :rolleyes:

shortly after finishing college i spent a couple weeks on a solo canoe trip in the maine wilderness. i brought a hefty supply of drugs with me. at one point i ate some shrooms, and then went fishing off the shore. i started laughing and spinning in circles. as i was spinning with a fishing pole in my hand the bobbin on the fishing line reminded me of the moon - the way the white side of the bobbin was always facing me and the sunlight illuminated it from the side as it rotated. i had a huge moment of clarity as i imagined the moon spinning rapidly around the earth, compressing an enormous amount of time into something that could be seen and grasped. the whole histroy of the earth, the evolution of life, and my small place in time suddenly seemed to make sense to me.

it was fucking beautiful.

So this guy was totally, uhm, "gorked" on shrooms, at one with the universe, when a sudden enlightenment overwhelms him, his moment of clarity when the answer to all the world's ills came to him with devastating force. He was stunned at how simple the solution was, so he wrote it down to be sure he could bring it back from the depths of his ecstatic orbit.

The next morning he looked at his piece of paper, which simply said , "say please"

that's awesome :rolleyes:

you should be familiar w/ the difficulties of explaining mystical experiences to heathens! in our case, clearly being incapable of driving, we ended up spending the rest of the day lounging aroudn mountain streams that had dried up over the summer into a series of tidal-like pools, each chock full a universe of critters - even w/ the 10 eyes we had between us, it wasn't until almost an hour had passed that we noticed the legions of camoflouged crawdads scuttling along the bottom.

jesus drank the bong water, i have no doubt...