Strange things seen in the city

rob

Early this morning, while jogging through capitol hill, I discovered a pair of jeans, with a belt still attached (and clasped), lying next to a pair of clean, white socks and a t-shirt.

WTF is the story behind that one? Did their owner vanish, leaving the articles of clothing to fall, empty, onto the ground like Obi Wan's robe? Spontaneous combustion? :confused:

I should have checked the jeans for a wallet, but I was afraid to touch them.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Early this morning, while jogging through capitol hill, I discovered a pair of jeans, with a belt still attached (and clasped), lying next to a pair of clean, white socks and a t-shirt.

WTF is the story behind that one? Did their owner vanish, leaving the articles of clothing to fall, empty, onto the ground like Obi Wan's robe? Spontaneous combustion? :confused:

I should have checked the jeans for a wallet, but I was afraid to touch them.

I'll take "What are questions with obvious answers when we're talking about Capitol Hill for $200, Alex..."

My wife and I once found a catatonic transient with crack-burns around his mouth lying in the middle of the street outside our apartment one morning. We took his vital signs, called 911, and when the fire-department rolled in, found out that the sores on his skin were most likely the result of a necrotizing fasciitis infection he'd managed to pick up by shooting "Mexican Dirt" heroin that'd been cut with manure. They were nice enough to give us some sanitizing gel so that we could get back into our apartment to start the decontamination process without contaminating the doorhandles and anything else that we touched on the way to a more thorough de-lousing.

We saw the guy on a nearby street corner nearly a year later, more or less in the same condition except that he was on his feet. Nice to see him alive, sad to see what constituted "alive" in his case.

Ah - Capitol Hill, you find the darndest things there...