Satriani Vs. Vai

kevbone

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Satriani and Vai are amazing guitarist, and they can bore the hell out of me in a song or less... unlike Hendrix. Amazing stuff he did, especially when you think of the equipment that was available, both for recording and playing on. Plus he couldn't just whip out a copy of Axis:Bold As Love to get an idea of what a cool rock sound is, inventive bastard. I just wish that he would have learned to tune that geetar a bit more goodder....

Both Satriani and Vai are amazing guitarist, and they can bore the hell out of me in a song or less... unlike Hendrix. Amazing stuff he did, especially when you think of the equipment that was available, both for recording and playing on. Plus he couldn't just whip out a copy of Axis:Bold As Love to get an idea of what a cool rock sound is, inventive bastard. I just wish that he would have learned to tune that geetar a bit more goodder....

I listen to Vai a lot more than Hendrix. Of course Hendrix is overplayed, so that might explain that. Axis... is my favorite of his.

Vai has some great CD's. The guy is simply brilliant. His most recent is more of a mixed bag though.

Satriani has a real gem in "Surfing with the Alien", and his first CD rocks too, but later on his stuff got quirkier and less memorable. Some of his stuff is, well, boring. Ditto for some of Vai's (much less). Nothing by Hendrix is "boring".

man, i just don't get it with guys like satriani or vai. i mean ok with satriani he's a goob and all but he at least seems like a real nice goob, who unfortunately plays the most boring music this side of, well, steve vai, who unfortunately doesn't have goobdom to hide behind.

i just don't get it.

a cliche is still a cliche, no matter how fucking "well" played.

man, i just don't get it with guys like satriani or vai. i mean ok with satriani he's a goob and all but he at least seems like a real nice goob, who unfortunately plays the most boring music this side of, well, steve vai, who unfortunately doesn't have goobdom to hide behind.

i just don't get it.

a cliche is still a cliche, no matter how fucking "well" played.

boring is in the ear of the listener

I find the grateful dead boring. To each their own.

I have to agree with that. Also, I've never been able to listen to Steely Dan.

Never. Never ever? Not once?

Can you ever be less annoying? Ever? Even once?

No.....

Spray = annoying.....didnt you know that?