Satriani Vs. Vai

kevbone

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him in '74 with Bill Bruford on drums. Elephant's Memory was the opening act.

crimsonKing.jpg

Now that would have been a great show.

Kevbone what I meant is there music sucks in my opinion, it is like guitar masturbation. It get's boring after a while. Yeah they are good musicians, but that does not make their music good.

Kevbone what I meant is there music sucks in my opinion, it is like guitar masturbation. It get's boring after a while. Yeah they are good musicians, but that does not make their music good.

To each his own.....Satriani was a huge guitar influence for me when I was growing up and learning the ways of the guitar (not that I am still not learning). I have seen Steve Vai three times and he is incredible.

You get that in any discipline of music though. Once the music becomes an exercise in technical difficulty it often verges on unlistenable wankery. Then you get the artists that play music that is just as difficult to play but that actually works - like Coltrane.

Is either Steve Vai or Joe Satriani a Coltrane or Hendrix? No.

Is Buckethead? Yes, I would say so.