Girl Gone Wild

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, then, that depends upon what you feel you lack in your life. If you don't have a GF and you want one, then get the GFE. It'll make you feel better.

If you really don't want or care for a GF, and you just want some wanton, guilt-free, lust-laden sex, then get the PSE. Easy peasy! I mean easy piece-ey! ;)

Of course, the best is the GFE/PSE combo-experience. You go out with the hooker for an evening on the town. She acts like your girlfriend at dinner, the show, the stroll along the riverwalk, etc. All prim and proper, lovey-dovey, and shit. To wrap up the evening, you drop by your parents house to show her off. It goes something like this:

"Hi Mom, I want you to meet someone. This is my friend Trixie."

"My son, she's really nice. She's quite a pretty woman, isn't she."

"Aw shucks, Mom. Cut it out. You're embarrassing her."

Then you and "Trixie" go back to your place, and she puts on the PSE for the rest of the night and into the dawn. What could be better? It's the best of both worlds! :)

But it's important to protect oneself from inordinate pain as well.

I strongly disagree with this. Pain is an important emotion and a powerful teacher.

I read a study once that said most people will put more effort into avoiding pain than in persuing pleasure. It is an evolutionary thing and makes sense from that standpoint. However, in a day where we can make choices, I choose not to avoid things, people, situations in order to protect myself from pain.

When I go through painful moments I take care to pay attention to them.

I strongly disagree with this. Pain is an important emotion and a powerful teacher.

I read a study once that said most people will put more effort into avoiding pain than in persuing pleasure. It is an evolutionary thing and makes sense from that standpoint. However, in a day where we can make choices, I choose not to avoid things, people, situations in order to protect myself from pain.

I guess I put emphasis on the "inordinate" part...when pain is no longer a good teacher. I like your "Jagged Little Pill" theory tho'...painful things usually are AWESOME growth experiences. I try to always go full boar into the thing or experience that I'm afraid of...but there is a line where it crosses over into self-destruction, and that's what I would suggest protecting oneself from.

It reminds of a story I read years agoabout when Royal Robbins was climbing with some famous Brits. After getting all cut up while climbing a crack one of the Brits suggested to Royal that you could probably tell all the good crack climbers by the scars on their hands. Royal reportedly responded by saying the you could figure out who the good crack climbers were because they did not have scars on their hands.

I guess I put emphasis on the "inordinate" part...when pain is no longer a good teacher. I like your "Jagged Little Pill" theory tho'...painful things usually are AWESOME growth experiences. I try to always go full boar into the thing or experience that I'm afraid of...but there is a line where it crosses over into self-destruction, and that's what I would suggest protecting oneself from.

It seems to me that we all think our pain is "inordinate" when we are in the middle of it. But who are we to decide this? You have survived all the pain you have ever been through, as have I. But I am sure both of us have, at one time or another, felt that what we were going through at some painful time in the past was exceeding any reasonable limits. And in that time of pain, are you not more apt to show poor judgment? So how can we really, honestly judge what amount of pain is the "correct" amount?