bolts/trad/etc. whatever...

RuMR

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2 1/2 decades of climbing, i've seen a lot of stuff and tried a lot of stuff...I've soloed when i was younger, I've climbed R and X routes where falls would have been UGLY...I've projected/pounded routes to the point of completion and sometimes not...I've established bolted routes...I've established trad lines...I've gone and retroed my own stuff...I've been super fit...I've been (and am) grossly out of shape and still love climbing even though i suck at it...I've been utterly humiliated and I've been a super star (in my own mind). I've thrown wobblers you wouldn't believe where i didn't want to show my face later due to embarassment(do they still use that term, wobbler)? I've nearly wrecked the car driving into a canyon for the first time due to being utterly awestruck and dumbfounded at the beauty of a place...I've eurosportfagged it hard. I've ripped finger tendons. I've damaged shoulders. I've broken foots and ankles. I've climbed with old folks, young folks, been young & been getin' old. I've climbed shitpiles of choss, i've climbed pure white limestone over the mediterranean., i've climbed beautiful golden granite, fire red sandstone. I've had awesome partners, i've had shitty partners...I've been a great climbing buddy and well, honestly, i've been a shit too...

You know what? I APPRECIATE every single chance i get to go climbing. I APPRECIATE every flavor of flavor of climbing, every chance i get and those chances are becoming fewer and further apart. The one thing in this life that really really bums me out is lack of time...if you think about it, even 10 decades is not enough time.

:tup: on post, but why post in spray? you must have known that the usual idiots would jump in with their typical projections and vomit?

i would like to think that if you posted something like this on the climber's board, the fat angry bastards would either stay away, or be subjected to the influences of the capricious warlord.

cool post though, but are the limitations on time ones that keep you from previous world-travels, or ones that keep you from even engaging in a few hours a few times a week? i guess i'm lucky cuz i get psyched about things like one arms offa door jambs and shit like that, and i can always do that in the midst of the maddest shit i got going on.... :crosseye:

Too late. This thread's all love and hugs now.
big-fat-chinese-baby.jpg

you were a cute kid tvash

What's with the plastic feet?

it's the frickin michelin boy

rubber feet then, not plastic

he looks like a layered birthday cake, make a wish minx

In 2 1/2 decades of climbing, i've seen a lot of stuff and tried a lot of stuff...I've soloed when i was younger, I've climbed R and X routes where falls would have been UGLY...I've projected/pounded routes to the point of completion and sometimes not...I've established bolted routes...I've established trad lines...I've gone and retroed my own stuff...I've been super fit...I've been (and am) grossly out of shape and still love climbing even though i suck at it...I've been utterly humiliated and I've been a super star (in my own mind). I've thrown wobblers you wouldn't believe where i didn't want to show my face later due to embarassment(do they still use that term, wobbler)? I've nearly wrecked the car driving into a canyon for the first time due to being utterly awestruck and dumbfounded at the beauty of a place...I've eurosportfagged it hard. I've ripped finger tendons. I've damaged shoulders. I've broken foots and ankles. I've climbed with old folks, young folks, been young & been getin' old. I've climbed shitpiles of choss, i've climbed pure white limestone over the mediterranean., i've climbed beautiful golden granite, fire red sandstone. I've had awesome partners, i've had shitty partners...I've been a great climbing buddy and well, honestly, i've been a shit too...

You know what? I APPRECIATE every single chance i get to go climbing. I APPRECIATE every flavor of flavor of climbing, every chance i get and those chances are becoming fewer and further apart. The one thing in this life that really really bums me out is lack of time...if you think about it, even 10 decades is not enough time.

:tup: on post, but why post in spray? you must have known that the usual idiots would jump in with their typical projections and vomit?

i would like to think that if you posted something like this on the climber's board, the fat angry bastards would either stay away, or be subjected to the influences of the capricious warlord.

cool post though, but are the limitations on time ones that keep you from previous world-travels, or ones that keep you from even engaging in a few hours a few times a week? i guess i'm lucky cuz i get psyched about things like one arms offa door jambs and shit like that, and i can always do that in the midst of the maddest shit i got going on.... :crosseye:

ahhh...its job "time"...it has a weird way of infiltrating most of my waking hours, even when i'm not "working"...coupled with family time commitments, and well, your's truly gets put on the back burner...i don't resent it, but i sure do appreciate the few chances that i do get to get outside unencumbered. Does that make any sense? Plus, lately, i've got this really weird sense of mortality/clock ticking bullshit...honestly, its fucking with me hard...

ahhh...its job "time"...it has a weird way of infiltrating most of my waking hours, even when i'm not "working"...coupled with family time commitments, and well, your's truly gets put on the back burner...i don't resent it, but i sure do appreciate the few chances that i do get to get outside unencumbered. Does that make any sense? Plus, lately, i've got this really weird sense of mortality/clock ticking bullshit...honestly, its fucking with me hard...

SOunds like a perfect time for that pullup contest.

it would only depress me more...plus, what good would come from crushing you?

it would only depress me more...plus, what good would come from crushing you?

If you can crush me with the agreed upon 45 lbs strapped to your waste, I'll give YOU the blowjob.