2nd Amendment freedoms restored in National Parks?

Fairweather

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a second. You, Fairweather, are unhappy because you think I was caustic?

Back to the second and fourth amendments. How is your position here "consistent?"? Under the second amendment, any paranoiac who thinks he needs to carry a gun to protect himself is entitled to do so, but under the fourth amendment the government can eavesdrop with no warrant and no probable cause to do so?

Not on internal communications between American citizens. I never said that. Has this been an issue with the Bush Administration?

If herds need to be thinned in National Parks, then pay the rangers to do it. No need for hunters.

If the ranchers on public lands don't like the nasty bison maybe they should get the fuck out of the ranching business and let us do what we want with our land?

those ranchers should be collectivized.

and liquidated.

Not on internal communications between American citizens. I never said that. Has this been an issue with the Bush Administration?

How is it any different whether I am calling a potential terrorist who lives in Oklahoma City and one who lives in Vancouver?

It's better defined as someone who likes to equate the relatively benign actions of an evangelical Christian population with the daily Muslim carnage strewn across front pages of the world's newspapers.

or who proudly proclaims the positive benefits of using LSD on a recreational basis.

What about one who proudly proclaims that he is going to ignore regulations pertaining to the use of mountain bikes in back country, or trail park passes? I think your pal Fairweather has done both.

Can we talk about the 2nd amendment now or is it just bait and bash.

What about one who proudly proclaims that he is going to ignore regulations pertaining to the use of mountain bikes in back country, or trail park passes?

?????

Personally I have owned a national park pass + golden eagle sticker every year since 2002, and have never violated rules about riding a bike on a trail where it is prohibited, so if you are accusing me, then f-off, dude

It's better defined as someone who likes to equate the relatively benign actions of an evangelical Christian population with the daily Muslim carnage strewn across front pages of the world's newspapers.

or who proudly proclaims the positive benefits of using LSD on a recreational basis.

What about one who proudly proclaims that he is going to ignore regulations pertaining to the use of mountain bikes in back country, or trail park passes? I think your pal Fairweather has done both.

Can we talk about the 2nd amendment now or is it just bait and bash.

I thought you believed in civil disobedience, Matt. As for the TP passes, I buy them. Not sure where you came up with that one.

KK, you are too fast for me. Less than 30 seconds after hitting "post" I realized I should note that I was referring to Mr. F, because I couldn't remember if you had offered similar statements of your "rights" to use public lands. Sorry to offend.

Can we talk about the 2nd amendment now

what about it? my take is people like you discount the language of the 2nd amendment while trying to make the 1st and 4th amendment mean anything under the sun.

that's inconsistent.

i personally am consistent. the amendments are not absolute. just as you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theatrer, you can not own or use a firearm without some restrictions.

What about on a professional basis? :toad:

KK, do "people like you" think the phrase referring to the need for a well organized militia has no relevance in the 2nd amendment? Why was it placed there?

What to you is a particularly twisted application of the 1st or 4th amendments? Requiring Bush and CO to comply with the law and get a rubber stamp "blanket" warrant from a FISA court?

Barring the repair of the Dosewallips Road; sometime in late July, I will be riding my mountain bike up the Dosewallips trail--inside ONP--to just below the Deception Creek junction, where I will proceed on foot to Hayden Pass and Eel Glacier on Mount Anderson. I may or may not have a .38 revolver concealed in a pouch attached to my pack belt. If I am somehow apprehended, I will call you to defend me in court. What do you charge per hour?

you couldn't remember if he made the statement or not, so you just accused him of it anyway? WTF, dude. :noway:

There's that reading comprehension problem again. I wrote "I THINK he has done both." I knew that I might be wrong about the second one and indicated that I wasn't sure. And I knew that if so, he'd corrected me - so now his reputation for honesty and obeying the law remains intact.