KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, doublespeak?

Muslim leaders in Denmark Wednesday attacked the republication of the cartoon, as well as the alleged murder plot, while calling for calm. Imam Mostafa Chendid, chief of the Islamic Faith Community, told AP his group was discussing whether to hold a demonstration before parliament, adding: "We are so unhappy about the cartoon being reprinted."

"No blood was ever shed in Denmark because of this, and no blood will be shed. We are trying to calm down people, but let's see what happens. Let's open a dialogue."

BTW: Danes have always had a pair. I would argue that their history is even more aggressive/bloody than American history. Not just due to the longer timespan, but due to their very nature. They just don't fight when there is no reason to.

I used to spend the night in Copenhagen both directions on my way to working in Germany. It seemed to me that there were drunken Danes fighting with each other damn near everywhere I looked. And don't even think about walking in the bike path by mistake; even the old ladies'll kill ya for that.