What a gal!

Peter_Puget

I respectfully disagree.

I just watched the Graduate recently. Remember the woman who seduced the protaganist? Married out of obligations. Sexless relationship with husband, etc. The movie is 40 years old. Nothing new.

Just read War and Peace... well over 100 years old now. remember the character of Helene Bezukhova, wife of Pierre. Same old story. Nothing new.

This is an old fucking story. Pun intended.

Oh my gosh, you are so right. Those uppity girls already said their piece so they shout STFU and get in the kitchen. And those black folk should stop complaining too. And no one wants to hear from those choir boys anymore. It's all been said before, right? Well I see history as a trend; as a group of people insisting--over and over--on their rights. Maybe her rights are to talk about an arragement that you don't agree about. Maybe they are to make money off an obviously unpopular topic.

Nothing like a woman who does not follow the sociosexual norms to bring out the absolute vitrol in others.

Funny how on a thread where men bash this woman--to the point of calling her a cunt--I am the only one who gets told I have a chip on my shoulder about the opposite gender. I find it facinating and mildly amusing.

you are very correct about the same old story. however it is one that needs to be told. In my oppionion staying in a partnership becuase of the children makes excellent sense financialy and interpersonaly. I can say that i have much happier much more fullfilling relationships now that i have my kids 50% of the time. Calling that partnership a marrige is where i think i dissagree. make a contract have a deal, but give eachother freedom to find love with out betrayal. This whole thing makes me really really sad. I feel bad for them because they are in a relationship that seems to be based on dishonesty.

Sounds like their relationship is based on what they both think is best for their kids. Other parents may disagree, but their opinions don't really count in the end, do they? I believe in respecting parents' right to decide what they think is best for their own children.

And I don't see a whole lot of dishonesty. She wrote a damn book about her most "secret" thoughts and feelings. Not exactly deceptive, is it?

And although we all love to think that we have never committed any dishonestly (lies of commission or ommission) in our relationships, most of us have done so at one point or another during our lives. So he who has not, please cast the first stone.

yeah...but the guy is so totally clueless (yeah, he owns that problem, i'll give you that) that he doesn't know...hardly "honest"...sure a bunch of people she does NOT know personally are now in the know, but he's not...and jayb is right about the one person who should know...

maybe he's fantasizing (unlikely, admittedly) that when the kids are gone, he and she will be back to love bird status...who knows?

although, with her pic on the web, it won't be long...

Edited by RuMR

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are making the assumption that they have not had this discussion. Or did I miss something in that article?

They have not had sex for four years. I think the husband knows what is up, don't you? Where is the deception?

Small snippet from the article

Unbelievably, her poor, unsuspecting husband is not only unaware of her plans to leave him. He also, she insists, has no idea that she has written a book or posed for these pictures. She seems as confident of him not finding out as she is that he is understanding of her feelings.

You are making the assumption that they have not had this discussion. Or did I miss something in that article?

They have not had sex for four years. I think the husband knows what is up, don't you? Where is the deception?

Small snippet from the article

Unbelievably, her poor, unsuspecting husband is not only unaware of her plans to leave him. He also, she insists, has no idea that she has written a book or posed for these pictures. She seems as confident of him not finding out as she is that he is understanding of her feelings.

Thank you for posting that. I did miss that. Helps to shed a new light on that part of the situation.

I don't agree with what she has done or what decisions she's made (IOW I wouldn't necessarily have made the same choices if they were before me); but again, anyone who is pure of deception please cast that stone. I admire those who can. I cannot. But we all live and learn. And maybe this is her learning. It is unfortunate that sometimes our biggest lessons come at the expense of others.

And hope that he would notice that his wife wrote and published a book. If not, more than just their sex life is missing.

I think that is what i was trying to get at. and that statement is spot on.

You are right, our lives our full of deception. i know i have certinly fucked up more than once. but i accepted my consequences for my deceptions any my honestys and sometimes they both hurt just as much. I guess what i keep thinking is how can you live every day with someone an dbe so obviously out of love with them, and have them not notice??? but that takes up back to your statement that it is much more than the sexlife that is gone...

Are you a real live Hard Plastic Man? Could you autograph my Pranas?

Actually, i detest the gym, but it would be a convenient place to laugh my ass off at you...springtime rolls around, i'm up for thrashing you at index, or si, or well, just about anywhere around here...

what say you?

Edited by RuMR

Are you a real live Hard Plastic Man? Could you autograph my Pranas?

Actually, i detest the gym, but it would be a convenient place to laugh my ass off at you...springtime rolls around, i'm up for thrashing you at index, or si, or well, just about anywhere around here...

what say you?

i want someone to Thrash me :blush: ooops wrong thread ;)