Anyone make real glass glacier glasses?

Jens

Do any of the big brands (Julbo, Bolle', etc.)make a pair of real glass glacier glasses? I hate all the polycarbonates and the like.

I can't find any of them anywhere.

I don't want ones that look like Poindexter glacier goggles and if they are under a 100 bucks that would be a plus.

Anyone in the know?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if "and the like" include the hardened mineral technology that Julbo has. But it's good and works very well. They also have some very interesting new glasses the I saw at OR today. They make some great glasses IMO.

It seems weird to "hate" something like polycarbonates. Some people find some of the good polycarbonate material used in sunglasses quite useful and effective. Some even love it. Save hate for things that are worth hating; child molesters, suicide bombers, people that rape disabled women. Those things are worth hating.

I'm not sure if "and the like" include the hardened mineral technology that Julbo has. But it's good and works very well. They also have some very interesting new glasses the I saw at OR today. They make some great glasses IMO.
Also, Julbo has an excellent warranty and service. I just sent an ancient pair of glacier glasses back to them that I almost threw away because they were totally trashed. I got an e-mail from them today, just 3 days after I sent them in, and they told me since they no longer make that model I can pick a new pair from the Julbo website and the glasses would be shipped to me next week. The pair I sent in were also replacements they had given me over 10 years ago when I sent an even older pair in. Sure keeps me loyal to them.