easy ice in the gorge if any - 1/22 or 1/23

slogon

If anybody knows any easy ice in the gorge to top rope or boulder on, I'd love to give it a shot, as a relative ice newb. Gotta be some waterfall overspray or little trickles. Can belay too. Hate to waste this clear cold weather. Maybe the eastern gorge might be the best bet. I'm in PDX.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say...you want ice and your new...plan a trip to Vail for a weekend. Fly out on a Friday Night, climb Saturday, Fly back Sunday Night...if you want something a bit more remote..Lincoln Falls south of Breckenridge. That's where I learned...good fat ice...if the avy danger isn't too high when your there hit up the Shroud...stop by Food Hedz in Frisco, Co...ask the head chef if there's anyone to hit some ice with...if not his food is great...then call a guide.

Thanks for the posts guys, I got me some! In case anyone is interested, across from Benson Lake, and Mist Falls (looked a lot like S_'s photo). Stayed mostly on the easy stuff around the margins as I had no takers (free solo WI 0.5??) 35 miles from Portland no less. Prob. won't be there long though.