Second thoughts on fluoridation

tvashtarkatena

The National Research Council report referred to in the article talks about levels of fluoride resulting from natural runoff and industrial polution. The lower levels produced by artificial fluoridation are "beyond the scope of this report". So right away the Scientific American article is twisting the truth there.

It referenced current scientific studies. A quick search of pub med didn't find anything besides high doses in rats. The most current one was a negative result.

So in short, Scientific American has lost credibility in my book.

Basically fluoride does have related toxicities in high doses. Like salt, chlorine, and dihydrogen monoxide. Should we ban the addition of chlorine to our drinking water?

In Missoula we drank surface water that came from Rattlesnake creek without treatment until the mid sixties. Then they started flouridating by adding it manually (dumped big sacks I heard) in the evening between 7 and 9PM. Then giardia was detected in the source and we went to well water. The well water is treated with chlorine and flouride and tastes awful compared to the old days.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day my mother used to get bottled drinking water with Fluoride. Sparkletts water.

Now, many years later....My brother gets cancer and so did I. It's gone now. But now I wonder if fluoride was the cause.

I definitely think the brush on application is the safest way now.