At this time of year...

sobo

...I would like to take this small moment to wish all of you much peace in your lives, unfailing grace towards others, and heart-felt fellowship with the human race.

Now go piss off and eat yer damned burnt, tryptophan-laden bird and open yer fuckin' presents! :fahq:

Oh yeah... Happy Ramahannakwanzmas! :wave:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that's classic, Sherri!

Sherri: "OK, we're agreed. No presents this year, right?"

Friend: "Well, if you're sure about that, OK."

Sherri: "Eee-yup, I'm sure. NO presents."

Later that same day...

Sherri, to herself: "What the hell have I done?? She really didn't believe me, did she? Naaaah, she's gonna get me stuff. Yeah, she will. I'm sure of it. I really didn't mean it anyway. She knows that, right? Sure she does. She should, at least..."

Yep, you pretty much nailed it Sobo. :cry:

Doesn't everyone know that "no presents" means "you should know me well enough to know that I want something without having to tell you I want something and you should know what that something is and have it nicely wrapped under the tree so I can be suprised that you got me a present.?"

It's like that REI commercial where the girlie tells her B/F "oh, just make me a card...AND PUT IT IN A KAYAK."

This isn't rocket science here people, for Pete's sake. Girls have needs, material needs, that cannot be fully met in just one gift-giving occasion per year. That's why we have birthdays AND Christmas. It's a system you don't mess with just because somebody mentions something in passing about "no presents this year, right? Yeah, yeah, blah blah, whatever you want honey, blah blah."

Of course, to complicate matters, I DID get her something. Something very special, in fact. Not a "present" in the technical sense--it can't be wrapped up or bought, so I was abiding by the "no presents" contract in theory--but it was something I did for her from the heart.

Now my Christmas heart is going to have a big ol'crack in it the size of a #5 Camalot, which happened to be one of the presents I didn't want to not get.

Of course, to complicate matters, I DID get her something. Something very special, in fact. Not a "present" in the technical sense--it can't be wrapped up or bought, so I was abiding by the "no presents" contract in theory--but it was something I did for her from the heart.

Dude! Putting the seat down after you flush does NOT qualify as even a non-present.

Aw, G-spotter :kisss: I love that clip! Thanks.

Bummer, Sherri. That's happened to me and it sucks. Hugs, sweetie.

We checked NoradSanta, read a couple of books, left out cookies and milk for Santa and celery and carrots for the reindeer. The wee ones just went to bed, now to wait for them to fall asleep. Merry Christmas!

7iY4Tom6-wM

D00d, I don't think Sherri and Company worry about the lid being left up or down...

:lmao: Thanks for the chuckle, Sobo. And, for the record, if ever the seat IS up, I don't even want to know why.... :whistle:

Thanks, M! Hugs to you too! Hope you left "Santa" some CHOCOLATE cookies. I hear those are her, er, his favorite. :)

Happy holidays everyone!!!

I am all done celebrating. did the x-mas thing on friday with the kids the boyfriend and my folks. we had baked rigatoni...not very traditional but AWSOME. gave the kids their gifts and got in trouble for giving my man too many things. ;) both my parents loved their gifts. I spent saturday celebrating the solstice with a dear friend we stayed up all night. it was really fun.

may everyones year be filled with joy and love.

xoxoxoox

muffin

That's awesome, Muffy. We used to have rigatoni for special celebrations back when I lived in Pennsylvania. Way to keep it real! :tup:

We had our "white elephant" gift exchange with our dearest friends for Solstice. We came home with a poodle trivet. But we got rid of a wool macrame owl towel rack(I AM NOT kidding. The thing was butt-ugly scary. Even had real feathers stuck to it. :noway: )

Peace and love to all! :wave:

That's awesome, Muffy. We used to have rigatoni for special celebrations back when I lived in Pennsylvania. Way to keep it real! :tup:

We had our "white elephant" gift exchange with our dearest friends for Solstice. We came home with a poodle trivet. But we got rid of a wool macrame owl towel rack(I AM NOT kidding. The thing was butt-ugly scary. Even had real feathers stuck to it. :noway: )

Peace and love to all! :wave:

my boyfriend is Italian and from Ohio. he makes the best sauce i have ever ever ever had ever period. I love a man who will cook for me :cool:

my boyfriend is Italian and from Ohio. he makes the best sauce i have ever ever ever had ever period. I love a man who will cook for me :cool:

Glad he found his way to the west coast. (we all do, eventually, it seems) Sounds like you've got a keeper there, Muffy! Has he made those neat buckeye candies for you yet? Peanut butter and chocolate. Mmmmmmm....

not yet although i am hoping he brings some home... he is in Ohio right now.

Glad he found his way to the west coast. (we all do, eventually, it seems) Sounds like you've got a keeper there, Muffy! Has he made those neat buckeye candies for you yet? Peanut butter and chocolate. Mmmmmmm....

Has he made those neat buckeye candies for you yet? Peanut butter and chocolate. Mmmmmmm....

Those are so yummy! When I was living in Az. there were several people from Ohio and they brought those to a cookie exchange. I was so glad the recipe was included. And we've polished off the cookies and milk already.

Sounds like a fun time, Muffy! You can't beat Italian food.