Bombing?

Brianmoore

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't choose sides. there is two sides to every story juice box and i like to here both stories. let me guess your an open minded liberal and think your in the "A" club. i got news for you mister, your a small fish in a big pond. i am a small business owner but i do care about people and i feed families. why don't you stop bitching and take your college degree and go out and make a difference in the world.

Fawk no. The CIA hates Cheney, and vice versa. Cheney built his own ad hoc intelligence arm to trump up the evidence for the Iraq invasion. He also parasitized the military's intelligence capabilities when his buddy Rummy was in. Now, it seems that he just strains against his tire chain, a lone junk yard dog who want's a piece of something...anything.

Putting impeachment on the table: Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) appeared on MSNBC's Hardball and reiterated that he would seek the impeachment of President Bush were he to invade Iran without the permission of Congress. [Primary source: MSNBC]

Yes, I heard this as well. Of course this holds no water with me. I have lost my faith in the congress.

I almost hope Bush starts to invade so they will bring impeachment back to the table.

I'm wiith you, Moore. I don't think the statement that "we'll impeach him if he attacks Iran without Congressional approval" means very much. Bush and Cheney have already started one disastrous war and they are making it clear that they want to do it again. Maybe they will maybe they won't, but clearly they have the ability and inclination to play games with intelligence and with Congress.

Could Israel "force" the US's hand?

Some have suggested that with Israel feeling isolated by its hardline stance on Iran, it might be more inclined to launch a unilateral military strike and a comparison is frequently drawn to Israel's 1981 bombing of Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor. David Albright, a former UN nuclear inspector, said this week if Israel felt its "red line" had been crossed it might strike. "They may force a military confrontation," he told the Associated Press agency.

However, it is widely assumed Israel would need at least American approval if not cooperation for any bombing mission. In particular, Israel's air force would need the US flight codes that would allow its planes to cross safely into Iran. When Israel requested those codes in 1991, to attack Saddam Hussein's Iraq during the first Gulf War, the United States refused and there was no Israeli strike.--from The Guardian 12/07/07

The difference being that cooler heads presided in '91.