GIMME A FUCKING BREAK!!!!1

sobo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're living in a foreign country it's best to understand their laws even if you don't agree with them. It's accepted that you don't go near pot in Malaysia. If you're caught in possession of 200g you get the death penalty. From what I understand she knew it was wrong and tried to hide it. I'm glad the government had the sense to deport her and not give her the flogging called for by the law.

In an Islamic country you don't name anything Mohammad, it's as simple as that.

That simple, eh? Let's see, here in America, women got a little upity when they were told that they had to follow all the laws that they had no say in creating or voting for. That caused a bit of a stir. Now call me a dumb girl, but maybe women who are suffering under the laws of Islam are maybe not so happy that they don't get any say about what is going on. Nor do they get to defend themselves. Or say anything bad about the system that they are trapped in.

I say string up the teddy bear.

If you're living in a foreign country it's best to understand their laws even if you don't agree with them. It's accepted that you don't go near pot in Malaysia. If you're caught in possession of 200g you get the death penalty. From what I understand she knew it was wrong and tried to hide it. I'm glad the government had the sense to deport her and not give her the flogging called for by the law.

In an Islamic country you don't name anything Mohammad, it's as simple as that.

That simple, eh? Let's see, here in America, women got a little upity when they were told that they had to follow all the laws that they had no say in creating or voting for. That caused a bit of a stir. Now call me a dumb girl, but maybe women who are suffering under the laws of Islam are maybe not so happy that they don't get any say about what is going on. Nor do they get to defend themselves. Or say anything bad about the system that they are trapped in.

DING! DING! DING!

Somebody's been doing their assigned reading.

She was not protesting the law and this has nothing to do with her being a woman. Something similar would have happened if it was a man. She was innocently going along with what the children wanted to do and broke a law, that I think she was aware of, and got caught.

My mother is a teacher in the UAE and she abides by most of the local customs more out of respect for a different culture than out of fear (although she doesn't want to get deported since it's a good job and I admit the UAE is very liberal).

I appreciate the sentiment of women's suffrage in Islamic countries but it honestly does not apply here. If she were Sudanese she would have known the law, it would have been a protest and she would have been flogged or killed and you'd have yourself an argument but then the western world probably wouldn't notice because it wouldn't have been one of 'ours'.

Both of you are so missing the point. It's about over-reaction to a non-issue, and giving this over-reaction a fair hearing, as it were. I sincerely doubt the same thing would happen in this country if someone named a toy bear Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, or whateverthefuckyouwannanameit.

BTW halifax, my family has spent several years in the Middle East as well (Kuwait, Oman, Turkey, Egypt, SA, Bahrain, etc.). I know of what I speak.

Both of you are so missing the point. It's about over-reaction to a non-issue, and giving this over-reaction a fair hearing, as it were. I sincerely doubt the same thing would happen in this country if someone named a toy bear Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, or whateverthefuckyouwannanameit.

BTW halifax, my family has spent several years in the Middle East as well (Kuwait, Oman, Turkey, Egypt, SA, Bahrain, etc.). I know of what I speak.

It's not a law in North America. The court seemed to handle it well IMO. They didn't convict her of the hate crimes she was charged with. The public protests calling for blood, on the other hand, really turn my stomach so in that regard I agree with you.

perception is everything...to them it IS blasphemy.who cares what happens here..anyone in her position should know that rule .its islam 101, hence the outrage i guess.if a couple freaks say stupid stuff after that ..whatever.

And what if those couple of freaks saying stupid stuff succeed in killing someone? Is that a "whatever" for you, then?

Islam, a religion of tolerance and peace. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

perception is everything...to them it IS blasphemy.who cares what happens here..anyone in her position should know that rule .its islam 101, hence the outrage i guess.if a couple freaks say stupid stuff after that ..whatever.

And what if those couple of freaks saying stupid stuff succeed in killing someone? Is that a "whatever" for you, then?

Islam, a religion of tolerance and peace. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

With a nuke.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_on_re_eu/nuclear_iran

for 99% of muslims yes....... you just hear of the rest 'cause you are buying into the myth , islam=bad. find some arab owned media for perspective.

So the protesters marching the streets with swords, people shaking their fists from buses, banner carriers, etc. in the accompanying video are just a vocal minority I suppose.

for 99% of muslims yes....... you just hear of the rest 'cause you are buying into the myth , islam=bad. find some arab owned media for perspective.

So the protesters marching the streets with swords, people shaking their fists from buses, banner carriers, etc. in the accompanying video are just a vocal minority I suppose.

there are over a billion muslims .your zionist media will always show the freaks!

ever read a positive story? out of a billion ,surely.....there as got to be a few 'einsteins' in there..similarly you cant define christ by using'w' or the kkk wtf?

you are being played...

the us is the only country ever to test their nukes on folks,to kill with nukes , so dont get too patronizing

Did you fight in WW2, where you there??? did you live throught it?? Don't get too patronizing the other way if you havn't. You have no idea what they felt.

On July 26, Truman and other allied leaders issued The Potsdam Declaration outlining terms of surrender for Japan. The atomic bomb was not mentioned in the declaration. On July 28, Japanese papers reported that the declaration had been rejected by the Japanese government. That afternoon, Prime Minister Kantaro Suzuki declared at a press conference that the Potsdam Declaration was no more than a rehash (yakinaoshi) of the Cairo Declaration and that the government intended to ignore it (mokusatsu).[6] The statement was taken by both Japanese and foreign papers as a clear rejection of the declaration. Emperor Hirohito, who was waiting for a Soviet reply to noncommittal Japanese peace feelers, made no move to change the government position.[7] On July 31, he made clear to Kido that the Imperial Regalia of Japan had to be defended at all costs.[8]

In early July, on his way to Potsdam, Truman had re-examined the decision to use the bomb. In the end, Truman made the decision to drop the atomic bombs on Japan. His stated intention in ordering the bombings was to bring about a quick resolution of the war by inflicting destruction, and instilling fear of further destruction, that was sufficient to cause Japan to surrender.

Um... Pakistan has had the bomb for what, 10 years now.

I am not exactly sure when Pakistan got the bomb, but somehow I remember they had it when I was in school back in about 1981-84.... That is a little more than 10 years.

maybe closer to 20 years.

Edited by sirwoofalot

Yeah, it's been quite a while now.

1987--Pakistan's leading nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan states in published interview that 'what the CIA has been saying about our possessing the bomb is correct.'

1988--President Zia tells Carnegie Endowment delegation in interview that Pakistan has attained a nuclear capability 'that is good enough to create an impression of deterrence.'

1989--Test launch of Hatf-2 missile: Payload (500 kilograms) and range (300 kilometers) meets 'nuclear-capable' standard under Missile Technology Control Regime.

and i suppose you think that was THE TRUTH.

you may consider this truth also,

the two cities nuked were to remain untouched by conventional bombing methods prior to the delivery as to give a clearer picture of the ordonnance's efficiency.

the means justified the end in this case.