what pitch/what climb?

pink

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and in terms of an educated guess, if it was the 7th ascent in 98, it couldn't be Mescalito, and I wouldn't think it was either the original Wall of the Early Morning Light or Space. You haven't shown signs of being enough of an aid obsessive for it to be Reticent Wall. Hockey Night in Canada maybe?

a), b), c) and or d). why wouldn't you think what?

Maybe my reasoning is wrong, like I say, I'm not a wall guy. but here's what passes for thought..

a)Mescalito - While it would seem to be the pick hit in that region of the big stone, it must have had more than 7 ascents by 1998, since at that time it was already 25 years old. Still, your position most suggests that route.

b)Wall of the Early Morning Light - Bottom part is supposed to be sort of "ehhh" and the position doesn't seem quite right. Historic, but not sexy.

c)Space - not really sure where it goes, but it doesn't get much press. On the otherhand, I'd believe it hadn't had a seventh ascent until 98.

d)Reticent Wall - kind of a hardman route, I'd think you'd have shown more wall spray here if that was your cup of tea.

Hockey Night? It's a Mescalito variant, isn't it? Odd enough to not get a 7th until 98? Yah, well, what do I know. You can wait until someone names it with confidence, then tell me where my guesses go wrong.

Nice pic though, I've always loved those angles.

when is there ever any big wall spraying going on? i must have missed those threads.

hp_scanDS_711152162947.jpg

the route begings around here

to hell with the route....

who is the guy? i am pretty sure i would follow his ass up anything ;) there is nothing that lends to the quality of my climbing like the pleasure of a half nakid atractive man waiting at the top of the route :moondance: :moondance: :moondance: