Outdoor and More

DPS

So, I stopped by Outdoor and More just south of Lake Union looking for a pair of fleece liner gloves. Found a nice pair for a good price.

I also found really good prices on ropes, like $50.00 cheaper than the other shops. I asked the guy behind the counter the merits of one rope versus another and he actually knew single pict vs double pict, handling characteristics etc and had formed a opinion based on using the products through actual use! I was so floored that I had no choice but to fork out the dough for a new 9.8 60 m dry Maxim Twill rope (single pict for longer durability and a stiffer hand!).

Every time I have visited this store I have been pleased by the selection, price and service. For clothing, packing, tents and general mountaineering gear, this place is worth a look. I just wanted to mention them because they don't seem to get much lip service.

[ 11-12-2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: danielpatricksmith ]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went in to look at tele boots one day. The boots in stock weren't what I wanted and I said so up front, but the guy sat me down, measured my feet, described the size I would need and even noticed where I had one tweaked foot from a third degree ligament tear that he told me how to compensate for. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but walked out with a pair of socks just because of how cool the guy was with his time.

They are how all retail outlets should be.