[TR] Enchantments Traverse/ Little Annapurna - Stuart Lake TH to Snow Lakes TH 9/23/2007

spotly

Trip: Enchantments Traverse/ Little Annapurna - Stuart Lake TH to Snow Lakes TH

Date: 9/23/2007

Trip Report:

Did the traverse on Sunday with a side-trip up to Little Annapurna. My first time through the Enchantments - excellent!

The larches are turning nicely but still a week or so out from full color. Perfect temps and no wind till near Snow Creek Wall.

We spiced up the trip even more with some scrambling when possible. Nightmare Needles look like....a nightmare.

Saw a team on one of the crack pitches of Outer Space around 6ish. Sure puts the size of that wall into perspective seeing little people on it. It's on my wish list.

Brian got the bike ride up to the car. Dang him for hoarding all the fun.

EnchantmentsTraverse_011.jpg

EnchantmentsTraverse_013.jpg

EnchantmentsTraverse_031.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trip, I has hoping to do it once a year till around this time of year (maybe little later, like first weekend of Oct), but not this year :cry:

I think i'll stick to going the other way though, and stashing bikes. that ride back down on the dirt road with washboard will jar you numb!

love the larches turning!

I did it that way once. I had my wif wait for me at the Snow Creek trailhead. She did until two dorks came down and convinced her that I couldn't possibly make it in 7 hours. I was three switchbacks up when I watched her pull out.

Luckily it was easy to hitch into town.

Hey Spotly,

My buddy and I leapfrogged with ya'll down the Snow Lakes trail at the end of the day - I recommended the Superfeet in your shoes. Pics are pretty rad; my friend and I discussed trying a similar traverse next year after talking to ya'll about it. Way better than hauling overnight packs. Way to go!

Jared