Skull Hollow Thieves

MtnHigh

one positive side to grasslands becoming a fee site might be that the shady folks would be less likely to go klepto on us climbers.

Then you get the benefit of being tooled and hassled on a regular basis.

Oh, you'll still get your shit stolen too when the mans not there hassling you.

Not me bubba.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there last weekend and had no problems. My buddy accidentally left a six pack sitting in our campsites driveway (in full view of the loop road) and it was still there when we returned, as was my stove, cookware, tent, and misc. that I usually leave...so I thought it was strange when I ran into a couple of climbers who had a headlamp and propane tank stolen that same day.

one positive side to grasslands becoming a fee site might be that the shady folks would be less likely to go klepto on us climbers.

Then you get the benefit of being tooled and hassled on a regular basis.

Oh, you'll still get your shit stolen too when the mans not there hassling you.

Not me bubba.

Follow the rules and the man won't hassle you. But then there are those who detest rules. ;)

Wow, I guess times have changed. The last trouble I had with skull hollow was about 4 years ago. Some bored/drunk/local/redneck-style kids in a big lifted pick-up truck flying the confederate flag cruised into camp around 3 am, throwing rocks and bottles in the direction of the tents. Calling us "dirty hippies" as they drove donuts around camp. They left shortly after, we all went back to bed.... Ah, the joys of growing up in the country.

I do remember that night with the truck. I returned the rocks to them.

This weekend my buddy had a propane cylinder and headlamp stolen from inside his tent.

Can't we just go vigilante on the white trash? There has got to be something we can do!!!