Ms. Teen USA - South Carolina

dt_3pin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the sick fuck watching underage girls parade around like livestock. I was just speculating on the reason so many kids in our country - like the young miss - can't resolve a simple question armed with what should be a basic knowledge set. With taxpayers shelling out between $7,000 - $11,000 per child, per year (depending on the state), is it too much to ask for results?

I think what she meant to say is that we need to teach kids absinence from school from a young age so they can stay home and breed other nimbiciles who will vote for your uber-conservative, right wing wacko Christian homosexual senators.

I think what she meant to say is that we need to teach kids absinence from school from a young age so they can stay home and breed other nimbiciles who will vote for your uber-conservative, right wing wacko Christian homosexual senators.

What is "absinence"? Any comments on the Edwards compound...or Gore's electric bill?

Edited by Fairweather

"cheesebreath" huh?

Careful, or I might have to go public about your own little toe tapping proposition..It was you wasn't it dear? Maybe I'll just talk to my lawyer about your name calling on teh interweeve cuz I feel all liabled, slandered an shit..

Gore lives like a rich guy! Gee, I guess there is no global warming after all?

I don't know, seems like keeping a bunch of open space as opposed to subdividing and cramming 150 McMansions on that property is the more environmentally friendly thing to do.

Yes, but think of how many homeless people he could house on all that freshly logged open space! Funny how Democrat charity always seems to begin with other people's money.

What is "absinence"? Any comments on the Edwards compound...or Gore's electric bill?

Apparently I did not hit the "t" key...T as in Ted Haggard.

The Edwards compound...Just a few more lawsuits to win and he'll be able to reforest that last acre around his house.

Gore's bill...unfortunately, solar power is still expensive at this time.

Pot, calling kettle

BTW, Did you ever get around to turning veranda into the secret service for exercising free speech? Just wondering being you threatened to. So how does that effect our ability to discourse openly on teh interweeve?

Threatening the life of the president isn't protected speech. Saying that djumja has a dysfunctional #21 chromosome is.

I don't know, seems like keeping a bunch of open space as opposed to subdividing and cramming 150 McMansions on that property is the more environmentally friendly thing to do.

Yes, but think of how many homeless people he could house on all that freshly logged open space! Funny how Democrat charity always seems to begin with other people's money.

Looks like the Bush compound would be a more spacious alternative.

http://cryptome.org/bush-ranch-005.jpg

Speaking of moralizing hypocrites, here is a photo of the John Edwards compound. You may know him as a Democrat champion of the poor and the environment:

edwardshouse-low-thumb.jpg

Apparently his wife doesn't get along with the "neighbors". Nice folks.

clearly edwards is trying to improve habitat for deer and elk while creating defensible spaces around homes and communities to reduce the risk of a catastrophic forest fire. duh.

You're the sick fuck watching underage girls parade around like livestock. I was just speculating on the reason so many kids in our country - like the young miss - can't resolve a simple question armed with what should be a basic knowledge set. With taxpayers shelling out between $7,000 - $11,000 per child, per year (depending on the state), is it too much to ask for results?

This has nothing to do with schools. I doubt this girl has spent much time in a classroom. Teachers have little control over the education of kids who don't show up for school.

I used to work as a high school teacher and the dumbest kids were those who never showed up. They were the ones whose parents didn't care when you called them to find out why their kid didn't show up. Or they were the ones who were disruptive and caused other kids to have a less than a satisfactory experience. Families who don't support their children in their educational endeavors are likely to have kids that have the level of critical thinking that Miss South Carolina appears to have.

You'd be suprised at how big a deal attendance is at the average school. Should teachers be penalized for the grades of students who only show up every once in awhile and don't even pretend to try when they do show up?

Jason

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY! If your dentist advises your children to brush and floss routinely, but you don't follow through by monitoring their brushing routines, do you think your dentist deserves a demotion and decreased salary when your kids develop tooth decay?

Oprah was recently criticized for opening schools for girls in S. Africa. Critics asked, "Don't American children need your help?" She replied that U.S. children care far more about i-pods and Nike shoes than education, after which she received even more criticism. I think she's correct. And we can mostly blame an F'ed up culture that doesn't value raising responsible children.

I hear you, Pope. And we've had this conversation before. But how much you want to bet that beauty queen is sitting on a 3.5 or higher? And if she is, then that does mean someone - in addition to her parents - isn't upholding the social contract. NEA and their state satellites are partly to blame, IMO, because their teacher compensation demands allow poor teachers - inclined toward allowing social promotion like this to happen - to earn as much as good teachers who deserve much, much more. I also agree that allowing teachers a free hand in discipline, physical if necessary, would go a long way toward the overall good.

I agree that the NEA is pretty worthless. I pay them a bunch of money...for what I'm not sure. But I don't know if I'd blame them and/or incompetent teachers for social promotion. My school district has an official middle-school policy that states (roughly) since the "research" demonstrates only negative consequences from holding back young students, when a middle-school student is failing three or more classes, the school will simply recommend to the student's parents that repeating a grade is an option. If the parents feel the student would benefit from moving on with his/her classmates, that student will be promoted to the next grade. We also have a policy for advanced placement classes that states students of such ability should receive an A or B grade. I gave several D and F grades this year in violation of the policy. These policies are written by administrators who are not in the WEA.

The bottom line is that schools need 60% to pass issues for raising local money. They don't want to piss anybody off...it's better that the student runs into a buzzsaw in college (where they actually have to study) than to face the fact that education requires effort and self-discipline even in high school, or so it seems when one studies school district policies and their relationship with parents.

All of which is confirmed by visiting a Seattle School Board meeting where parents scream and browbeat board members into submission and the board (volunteers!) dictates how to educate to the lifelong education professionals - ie teachers and District officials.

I see. Edwards and most Dems are champions of the poor; therefore they should sacrifice personal wealth for that cause. As soon as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, et al send some of their kids over to Iraq I'll personally capaign for anyone who champions the poor to sacrifice some or all of their personal wealth.

the kids getting sent to iraq chose to be in the military. if the admin's kids chose to be in the military, they'd be sent over just like anyone else.

(enter "only the poor and stupid join the military" arguments)

you are trying to compare kids to money - not the same thing...give the military some credit!